The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Sorry Georgia

We're not going to Georgia.
So, like I said, we aren't very good planners.
Don't invite us along on vacation because you'll probably get mad that we didn't do our share when it comes to planning. Just a warning.
We prefer to plan as we go.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
We sat at the computer (well, Dave sat at the computer I sat in a pile of fabric and pins and sizzors...more to come) for 2 1/2 hrs yesterday while the kids were sleeping and resting.
We decided that we wanted to use FF miles to fly.
Choosing your destination 2 weeks before you travel leaves little to be desired.
We were able to choose from Georgia and South Carolina however the flight wouldn't have gotten us home until after the kids bedtime and we really wanted to have them come pick us up at the airport.
We could have gone to New York or Florida, but like I said Florida is one we want to use later, and if I'm going to NYC I want to plan a little bit.
We could have gone to California, but Dave's been traveling there a lot this year and I didn't want to go to a place he's been to 10 times this year.
Then, Dave said, "We could go to Rhode Island. There is this place called Block Island"
I said, WAIT! I know someone who goes to Block Island!! I think she loves it!
We then got on www.blockisland.com and we were hooked.
We're going to Rhode Island!
I never in a million years thought I'd be going to Rhode Island.
That is what is cool about our tradition, never knowing what state will come up next.
Sorry Hillary! :) Simone, I'm going to email you and get info (like if there is a restaurant you recommend or things to see....)
------------------
I am SUPER excited about a new addition to our store. (sorry, I do that just to keep family and friends from happening to come here while searching for...well, our store)
I can't give away the secret just yet, but lets just say that I am literally up to my eyeballs with fabric, pins, sizzors, patterns etc..... I'm super lucky to have a MIL who used to sew their entire wardrobe. We are collaborating together and we're going to reveal our big secret addition at the expo we're taking part in in 2 weeks.
This is something that won't only be for babies, but preschooler type age.
Wish us luck!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Simone said...

Oh I'm so excited your'e going to my beloved Block Island!! And Sept is a wonderful month to go. You should definitely try to stay on the island if you can.

Email me and we'll discuss! RI is a beautiful state. Newport is really pretty too if you can fit that in. Especially "Cliff Walk".

9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in RI. Hubby and I have been there a few times, since he was stationed in Newport when he was in the Navy (long before I met him). It's very pretty, but I've never been to Block Island. Can't wait to hear about it.

1:05 PM

 
Blogger hillary said...

Ouch. That hurts. j/k. Well, mostly. :-)

From everything Simone says, Block Island sounds beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful time!

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Hope you have a good time! Can't wait to see what the big surprise is.

6:13 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Love, love, LOVE RI! It's beautiful there. Must not miss Newport. Oh, we had this favorite little restaurant in Warwick, was it? Hmmm, I'll have to look.

Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

8:19 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

I've never been there, but I'm sure you'll have a good time.

2:19 AM

 
Blogger Simone said...

If you haven't picked a hotel yet I highly recommend the Sea Breeze Inn. The website looks scary, but I assure you it's quite lovely. Best place on the island. Nice little private rooms, especially if you can snag room #10. Fresh breakfast delivered to your door every morning with muffins, juice, coffee, etc. And the host Gaby is a wonderful lady. They even have bikes to use!

http://www.blockisland.com/seabreeze/

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home