The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, August 18, 2006

It's that time of year again: vacation time!
Most people would assume that since our vacation is in one month that we would know where we are planning on going?
Well, most people would be wrong.
Dave and I are not planners. We're fly by the seat of our pants kind of people.
Traveling to a different state each year requires a bit of planning though, unfortunately.

This year we want to relax. A nice warm beach and a fruity drink in my hand is something I've NEVER done in my life.
Florida, you might think?
BUUUT! If we go to Florida this year, we won't be able to bring the kids to Disney in 5 years or so. (We're going without the kids this year)

Georgia? Never been there. Dave thinks there might not be much on the coast line. (I'm guessing he's wrong?)

South Carolina? Possibility

Then someone brought of the idea of Seattle WA because she's heard it's nice there.
It DOES look nice.
If we're headed that way, we've got a friend on acreage in Idaho. We could make it an outdoorsy vacation.
But that sort of erases the idea of 'relaxing'.
However, any vacation without kids is relaxing! :)

This is just too much! Won't it be nice on our 40th anniversary when we have only 10 to choose from! :)

What do you recommend? Anywhere you live or have been that you would want someone else to go there?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta say San Diego beaches are a favorite. But I would really love to see a beach on the east coast.

We aren't planners either, thats why we end up in vegas every year. ;-)

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Our vacations are to the Jersey Shore if you are going to go to a beautiful relaxing tropical beach I would head down to the florida keys, it is beautiful and not overly expensive.

There are so many places to see it is a hard decision!

11:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to recommend because I'm too jealous of a vacation without the kids. Who cares where!

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Without kids?? LOL even the Holiday Inn down the street would be a vacation :D Personally, I love the Carolinas.

12:21 PM

 
Blogger hillary said...

Well, nothing beats Tybee Island off of the Georgia coast. Or St. Simon's. VERY peaceful. Beautiful beaches.

But I had a great time at Myrtle Beach, too.

I just realized how much I sound like a travel guide.
Have fun wherever you go!

4:42 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

I think I told you last year...Come to Utah!!! LOL

Lots of hiking and beautiful mountains :)

9:50 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

I think for beaches your best bet, other than FL, would be South Carolina.

10:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home