The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, July 31, 2006

A weekend above all others

When you've gone 2 weeks without really spending any time with your husband, you will try just about anything for some time alone.
Dave's birthday was Thursday. (He came home in time for supper and cake)
Friday he went to work all day and unfortunately this was our weekend to clean the health club. Even if we wanted to go out, we couldn't have.
BUT, Logan had made plans with Grandpa about 4 months ago to go to a train show Saturday afternoon.
One child down.
The other grandparents were kind enough to let child #2 nap at their house.

What did WE do? I sat and read trash magazines, Dave swam and we spent 4 hours out on the boat. Ahhhh!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Sounds like a great afternoon together!

Trash Magazines are the best!

5:45 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I love spending a day on the water sans children!
Bonus if you have trashy celebrity magazines :)

9:32 PM

 
Blogger Jennie said...

Jen - It looks like you and Dave had a FABULOUS day together without the boys! I must say, I'm loving your hair in that scarf! You look so sophisticated!

9:55 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Glad you had some time together to relax. And look how THIN you are! You go girl! ;-)

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Simone, you don't notice the strategically placed magazine.
On a boat alone (with my husband) is about the only place you'd see me in a bikini! :)
But thank you!

8:16 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Awesome! You look terrific!

9:24 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

Hubba hubba!

9:34 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Oh I noticed the magazine. I use that magazine to my advantage also when at the beach. We ladies know ALL the tricks ;-)

But still, you're looking great! Hope you get more relaxing days like that soon!

How's your tummy btw?

7:40 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

My incision is healing well. I still have a lump, so I'm hoping it's just inflamation.
I go back in in about 4 weeks.
If it's still there, we'll do surgery again.

7:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wel well well, aren;t you one hot mama!!
Glad you two got to get some time together with no little ones around.

1:12 AM

 
Blogger Kari said...

Ahhhhhhh!

7:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home