The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Velcro wall anyone?

With temps pushing 100 and humidity well past, this week has been hell. Or at least I can only imagine that might be what hell feels like.
It's literally been too hot to take the kids outside for any length of time.
Even going for a ride in the car brings about flushed faces and sweaty backs.
It has been one indoor activity after another trying to keep occupied.

We had a playdate scheduled for yesterday morning with a great friend that I have yet to see much this summer. It was canceled last minute due to unexpected family visiting her.
Logan was bummed.
We later had another playdate canceled due to the fact that this woman was up to her elbows in paint.(painting her kitchen) We rescheduled, but that still didn't make Logan feel any better.

We were looking forward to a play date with her and her. Her #1 had to cancel because of a puking kid. Nice. Way to puke on our week from hell. Her #2 had to cancel because some talk of impending vacation and nothing packed and men coming to install wood. Whatever.

Luckily for us, playgroup was today. Seeing I hadn't made it in, oh, about a month or more now I figured it was time to go.
It was fun, sure, but the best part was when my neighbor asked if Logan could come over after playgroup to eat lunch and play ALLLL afternoon until Miles and her 17mo old boy woke up from their 3 hr nap.
HEAVEN.
I'm home right now doing NOTHING when I should be cleaning.
Miles is sound asleep, Logan is out of the house.
I think I'm going to have my 2nd diet mt. dew of the day! Ha!

Isn't it sad what excites me?

Should I get up and do some housework? Yeah, I know. But for now I'm enjoying hearing only the 'click click click' of the keyboard!

6 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

No housework! Do something you enjoy.

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Enjoy your mommy time and have yourself a nice ice cold margarita!

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

I hear ya, Sista! Both on the cabin fever and the alone time. Dh has taken Charm to the park this morning, and I'm cleaning and blasting some good music. Loving it! (Oh, and I'm sure that Charm is loving the break in the weather!)

Have a mt dew for me!

9:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Housework will be there tomorrow ;-)
i always say i am going to find a playgroup for my youngest and i never do. maybe i should get on that.

10:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd totally be sleeping.

11:37 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sheesh...I had no idea you had so many cancellations! We will do it again soon...next Friday?

3:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home