The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Fashion

Warning: after reading this post you might think I'm mean, rude and stuck up. I swear, I'm not. You'll just have to believe me.
------------------
This weekend we headed to our towns festival. It's a pretty big festival where people come and eat all the sweet corn they can handle. Yum.
While we were wandering the carnival area, I could not believe my eyes.
Now, I must admit, I'm very much a suburban 'mom'. I don't get out that much, and I never see anyone in 'club' clothes.
I see moms at the library, Mc Donald's, the mall...
This weekend, what I witnessed was awful!
OK, I know that it's hard when the celebrity world is telling you to wear something that doesn't go with your body type. But you need to realize that while something might look good on someone else, it might not work for you.
75% of women, especially mothers pushing strollers were literally STUFFED in skin tight 'club' shirts that were obviously meant for teenagers. You could see rolls and jiggles poking out everywhere.
Nothing looked flattering, and even if you were super skinny, it STILL wouldn't have looked good.
I felt like calling Stacy and Clinton to let them know they'd have their pick if they headed to my town.

Speaking of fashion: I know that moms of girls LOVE dressing their little babes. Heck, sometimes (who am I kidding, MANY times) I look at the pink dresses longing for pigtails and toenail polish.
I have to say though, dressing a boys has it's perks. That is so far, I know that someday I'll be the mom saying, "Do you REALLY want to wear that?"
I took Logan school shopping this weekend.
We headed to TCP first, but after trying on jeans and realizing we weren't having any luck, we went to Old Navy.
I was happy that Logan could still fit in 5t, as they were cheaper than the boys sizes!
I got him some super sweet cord's in dark brown and khaki and then 2 awesome jeans that made my little boy look like a little man.
We did wind back at TCP because you can't beat their prices on long sleeved tee's. $6.00 and $8.50. I wound up getting 4 pants and 6 shirts for a total of $100. Sweet!
So, the thing about dressing Logan is, I can dress him the way I think guys should dress! ha!
Now, Logan has never cared much about what he wears. He's never picked out mismatching outfits. In fact, he's never picked out his clothes period.
He's starting to have opinions on shoes however. I blame it all on cable TV. He thinks he NEEDS sketches because "they're awesome".
O...K...I however think he needs a sweet pair of brown shoes to go with his new cords.
Do I let him have his way, or do I surprise him knowing he won't care in a week what shoes he gets?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I dont think you are in anyway mean, I will never ever understand how someone stuffed in their outfit or wearing something that is clearly not their age looks good!

As far as the shoes for Logan I would compromise, buy him a brown pair of sketchers!

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, now I'm mad we didn't make it. Sounds like a Hooch-Fest.

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

LOL, I see girls like that at the mall all the time.

My boys know that mommy decides what they wear, unless its a go-nowhere-see-nobody sort of day. I only buy shoes they can wear to church, almost always brown shoes.

2:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am with you, just because they make it doesn't mean you can wear it.
I see a lot of muffin tops and i just don't get it. Cover up the flab ladies,you'll look better, i swear.

I love dressng my boys but i have to say it was hard finding clothes i felt were cool enough.
Buy the brown shoes.

2:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home