The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Are you going shopping?

I used to be a Friday after Thanksgiving shopper.
I loved waking up looking for deals.
THEN, I had a child. I was NOT going to wake up earlier than he did just to go shopping.
Dave usually has to work on Fridays, but at his new job he has off!

I'm debating going this year.

The last time I went was 2 years ago. I didn't go really early, in fact, I went at 8:00am.
I was REALLY pregnant with Miles, and totting Logan around, who was just 3 years old along with me.
When I realized that there was NO parking in the entire Kohl's parking lot, I moved the cones at Friday's and parked there.
I figured that if they were going to give an 8 month pregnant woman and her 3 year old son a parking ticket, they were just mean.
We found a few items and waited in line for 45 minutes.
It was totally NOT worth it.

This year though, I'm running out of time for Christmas shopping. Now that I started the body shop parties, I'm booking up for December, I've got playgroups, cookie exchanges, and then Dave will be gone for 10 days.
I have NO idea how I will get it done unless I just go.
But then again, how much time will I waste standing in lines as long as the store itself.
And then, are the sales REALLY that good that you must stand in line for an hour? Or are they the same sales you'll see the weekend after?

I must go do some research.
if anyone knows anything that I SHOULD be aware of, please fill me in!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Online is the way to go! You can get the same sales online, plus most stores offer free shipping if you spend over $25.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

www.blackfriday.info has all the sales info.

If anything, you could go later in the day so the lines go down a bit.

Otherwise, online shopping IS a great idea.

9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home