The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

When you arrive at the gym at 5:15 to go to a class you've never been to before, there's always a bit of awkwardness.
It could be the fact that you should still be SLEEPING, or it could just be the fact that everyone else in the class is a regular, and you are not.
Today was RPM. It's a spinning type class.
I've never taken a cycling class before, but it's just a stationary bike! How hard can it be?
This is a quote from the description:

RPM/Cycling is a fun, athletic, cardiovascular cycling workout that kills calories in record time - up to 900 in a single class. It's a team cycling experience that incorporates the best of indoor cycling and motivational coaching techniques. And it's suited for any age and any fitness level

Any age and any fitness level. Perfect.

First, you must wheel your bike into the classroom. The only problem I found was that I could only move the bike inches at most. How the hell were these people getting these heavy ass things in the room? Luckily some 60+ish old woman helped me.(In case you are ever in the predicament, you must really PUSH the handle bars down to your knees. Very easy to push then. I'm just not functional at 5:15am)
I think to myself, if SHE can do this class and help me carry the bike, I'm set.
THEN, I look around and think how screwed I am.
The class is not full of the same women that attended the class I took yesterday.
Nooooo, oh no.
THIS class was full of MEN.
30-somethings full of muscle and strength.
Each with a towel to wipe the sweat. (ew)

Let's just say that my ass has to adjust to sitting on a hard bike seat.
NOT fun.
Let's also say that it was NOT easy.
The fact that I was scared to get OFF the bike because I didn't know if my legs would actually hold my weight is a good indication of how the class went.
The fact that I was thinking that maybe a sweat towel would be a good thing to bring next time is also an indication of the work that was involved. Sweat towels to me are the most disgusting thing in the world.

So, 2 days down, 3 to go!
I was surprisingly happy after class today. But I still needed my java afterwards!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I slept in for you this morning.

It was fabulously warm and cozy.

(seriously congrats on making Day 2!!!!)

2:16 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

I'm so impressed. That is so awesome.

8:18 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

Do you think if I faithfully read your exercise posts every single morning I may lose 10 lbs. too?

7:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home