The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Guess what I just saw mom?

The sleepwalking thing is getting REAAALY old.
I'm debating getting a big belt and tying him into bed at night. Soft restraints maybe? DRUGS?
Seriously, imagine always having one ear open waiting to hear the squeaking of the bed or the pitter patter of footsteps that have no idea where they are going.
That is our every night.
Last night he got up and wandered in the kitchen.
I put him back in bed only to 30 seconds later her him wandering in the kitchen again. Put him back in and again 30 seconds later I heard him in the kitchen again!
2 hours later, I woke up to the squeaking of the bed and found him just standing in the hallway staring blankly ahead.
I again got him settled in bed and finally fell deep asleep.
Imagine how hard I jumped when I felt breathing on my cheek.
Logan was standing there waiting for my eyes to open.
He was wide awake.
I looked at the clock.
1:12am

"Mom. Guess what I just saw? Another YOU! She was standing at my door and walked over to my bed. She then whispered to me that it was time for something, but she didn't tell me what it was time for. She then walked over to my window and is waiting there for me to fall asleep!"

It's so strange when kids have dreams that freak you out.
So, is Logan hearing 'me' tell him it's time to get up and walk around? I don't know.
I put him back in bed and luckily he slept for the rest of the night.

I kept my ears open for the other 'me' walking around, but I'm happy to say she didn't come back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

When coffeekid was little he would sneak out of bed in the middle of the night to raid the candy dish. I would find it in the morning in his bed along with the wrappers of salt water taffy from vacation or whatever else was in it.

He was still small enough (short enough) that we were able to put up the baby gate in his doorway. :)

8:30 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Wow, how bizarre and unsettling.

10:27 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ya know I might not mind having another "me" around especially if she did house work!!! How funny about his dream though.

3:00 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

I was going to suggest a baby gate too or a kid safety door thing. We have one on the inside of R's room so she can't get up and walk around. She'd be up on Emalee's bunk bed if she could.
I can hear her though with the monitor so it works.

11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home