The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Just in case you were wondering...

I hit the jackpot this month.
My 'snack day helper' fell on the day of the pumpkin patch field trip.
How exciting!
Right?

Right?

Let's just say that it is NO fun getting on a bus to drive over 30 minutes with 40 4-5 yr olds.
"You're Lola"
"No, YOU'RE Lola"
"uh-ah-YOU are Lola"
over and over and over. Who the hell is Lola. Apparently you are!

It is even LESS fun getting OFF of the school bus when the wind is so hard that you feel as if you will fall over. It is like 35 degrees out with not a speck of sun.
Everyone jumps off the bus to grab the closest pumpkin they could find. That is except the 5 lovely kids I was in charge of. Every pumpkin was the wrong pumpkin.
It got to the point where I happily said,
"Oh, this one is perfect for you! Let's pick it. Oh, you don't like it? Well, sorry, it's picked and in your bag. I know you'll love it later. LET'S GO!?!"
Then, even less fun is having 40 children wash their hands in a ONE SINK BATHROOM before snack...which I had to buy. Which, because it had to be portable just about broke the bank. OK, not really, but is snack day really supposed to cost over $30? I didn't think so!

I've been off the bus for more than an hour, and my feet are still cold.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennie said...

Were you and I on the same field trip? Honest to goodness, it's not supposed to be that hard!! I hope your feet are toasty warm soon!

2:01 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

It was SO cold here this week! I actually thought to myself how happy I was our field trip was on Tuesday and not Thursday as I 'volunteered' to go on the trip! So sorry that you had a lousy time. It should NOT be this cold this early!

BTW, I've got a few contacts for a babysitter. As of today, it has been 3 MONTHS, yes months, since hubby and I have been on a date without the kids. Pathetic really...

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I AM SO SORRY!

We went to the pumpkin patch today but it was just me and two kids. And it was so flippin cold and the wind oh the wind. We were actually at the festival for like 2 hours.

Oh and the Monkey Costume I am still on the hunt for a size 3 none in my area but I am about 5 hours from home and there is an old navy here I will be checking for you! I so hope I find it in Miles size because damn that costume is adorable!

7:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home