The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

6 vials gone

I had my hematology apt yesterday.
Let me tell you how much I hate going to the hematologist.
It's a hematology/oncology department.
There are sick people here.
Yesterday I witnessed a woman 50ish silently crying because she just found out she had cancer. The 60ish year old man next to her was giving her secrets and hints on dealing with chemo side effects. He was 100% hairless, obviously very sick, yet so strong for this woman who was falling apart.
I saw people getting chemo in a very small side room.
I saw a woman bringing her mother in for treatment very concerned because her mothers skin was a very obvious shade of yellow.
People are SICK here.
I felt like an impostor.
People gave me the sad face.
People thought I must have cancer.
I wanted to tell them that I didn't, but I buried my nose in a magazine and thanked God that my family is as healthy as we are.

The good news is is that my liver rocks.
It got hit pretty hard from the HELLP, but it's bounced back to even better than normal!
My clotting times are still off, but the Dr thinks that this might just be MY normal. Who here knows what their PT/PTT/Fibrinogen levels are besides me? My guess is, nobody.
And why should you?
We don't know what my levels were pre HELLP, so maybe they were always just a bit 'off'.
But, of course you don't want to leave any stone unturned when it comes to a possible coagulation issue, so I again went and lost 6 vials of blood. Just to be careful.
Not sure when the results will be in. My doctor asked if I'd prefer to get the results on the phone or if I'd like to come in and talk to him in person.
Phone.
Definitely.
I'd rather not ever visit the hematology/oncology department again, bless those poor people!
-----------
OK, who the hell thinks they need to buy their child's Halloween costume more than a month in advance. Cripes, am I the only slow one here?
I LOVE the Old Navy Monkey.
Unfortunately so does everyone else.
They are S-O-L-D out!
Luckily I swiped one in a 12-18 month before they ran out of those, but really, I should have a 24 month. Unfortunately for my second child, he inherited my height genes. He's a shrimp. His 21 month old body fits in the 12-18 months suit just barely, but enough.
When I first saw the monkey I KNEW it was for Miles.
He's 99% monkey! All the other monkey costumes I've seen are no where near as cute as the Old Navy Monkey and a good $10 more PLUS shipping.
So, he'll be able to wear it for one day and then he'll be too big. So much for the $19.50, right?
------------

9 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

So good to hear about your liver!

I got Liam's costume last weekend and already have pics of him in it because I put it on him to make sure he'd tolerate it or I was going to take it back. Its a chicken because he crows all the time. Anyway, when I put it on him he thought it was hilarious and then climbed in Lucy's cage, so I have chicken in a cage pics.

I had wanted to get a costume from Toys R Us online and every.single.one. was sold out. I even called the corporate office about it. SOLD OUT. This was before October even started! So, I knew I had to snatch the chicken one at Target while they had it.

3:54 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Great news that your tests came back normal! I buy costumes after Halloween or make them. I would believe that really cute ones are sold out already though.

9:11 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

Maybe someone out there in Internetland can check their local Old Navy and find one in the 24m size and mail it to you???

12:57 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Tried that actually!
I think I had 5 states call!
Oh well, right!
Totally rethinking the fact that I should have bought the 2T AND the 18 month when we went shopping!

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Glad to hear your liver is good!

I cant wait to see Miles in his Monkey costume, I bet he is adorable!

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

If you want me to look at my old navy I am going tomorrow, I can check it out and buy it and mail it to!

I will check!

2t?

9:05 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

So glad ot hear that your liver is good! What a relief! That must have been awful going into that waiting room being the only healthy one there. I think seeing the woman who just found out she had cancer would have done me in!

As for the whole costume thing, I am slow on getting S.'s costume, even though I've known for a while what he's going to be! We still don't have it yet. Can you believe that I was once THAT person who bought hers in August or September??!! Yah, makes me gag! My 16-month old is going to be a lamb. Why? Because I bought that damn costume for his brother, but then found another costume I liked better. It looks kind-of girlish, but I am NOT buying another one. He doesn't care. I swear, the things we mother worry about! BTW, that monkey costume is adorable!!! I might buy it in 3T for next year; his nickname has always been "monkey". Can''t wait to see a picture of Miles in it!!!

11:13 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Just wanted ot clarify that I bought the lamb costume for my oldest back when he was 18 months. And his FATHER was the one who liked it! (It is cute, though).

11:15 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

A lamb! haha!
That IS cute!!
I'd tempted from here on out to recycle Logan's costumes. He's got a CUTE dragon costome size 2T, but I"m afraid someday I'll be in trouble for that!
TGB, If you or ANYONE sees a 24month or 2T then YES, if you totally don't mind, please buy it and I'll send you the money immediatly!!

8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home