The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

OK, so it MAY seem like I complain a lot about a certain child of mine that is quite feisty.
This post has NO complaints at all.
You know how I say that my kids are like night and day, day and night. Besides appearance, there is NOTHING similar about them.

One likes to sleep in, the other is up at the crack of dawn.
One is afraid to get his face wet, the other dunks his head.
One likes to sit down and watch a nice movie, the other turns the TV off.
One likes to cuddle in his mama's arms, the other practically jumps from my arms.

When Logan was a toddler, all the way up until today, I'd try to get him to do some artsy crafts with me. We bought paints, colors, markers etc...
He hated it.
It was NOT something he liked to do. At preschool, they go by a play based learning. What that means is that they are not forced to do anything. They are gently encouraged to do the projects that have to do with mothers day or Christmas etc...but if the child chooses not to, then that is that.
I'm used to going to school and seeing all the cute crafts done by the kids and walking out empty handed.
Logan really dislikes art.
Seeing I am an artist unfortunately born in a non talented body, this bummed me out at first, but now I just accept it as a part of him.

The other day in an exhausted moment of wanting 10 minutes of peace while I prepared dinner I dug out the old box of markers and crayons. (yes, I know, I should have done this LOOONG ago)
Curious, he hopped up on his booster seat.
He sat there for 45 minutes coloring.
He colored beautiful circles and squiggly lines in all different colors.
I was amazed!
It was q.u.i.e.t.
He didn't need me to entertain him, he was happily buzzing around with his little artist mind hard at work.
Since that day, I have noticed that that is exactly what Miles needs to do if I ever want to accomplish anything.
Time for lunch crabbiness going on? Lunch not quite ready? Pop open that box of markers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Info for you said...

You are a brave woman with markers!!
My oldest 2 never had a problem with them, although they had to be at least 4 to use them.
Reagan has found markers and her sister's wall had new age art on it. Sooo no more markers until Reagan learns to not be an artist.

Glad you got some quiet time. :) I need that too...I'll break out the crayons instead. LOL

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home