The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

If you can imagine sleeping on a pile of phone books, you can imagine how uncomfortable our mattress has been the last year or so. We finally decided to bite the bullet after we realized that for the most part our kids sleep through the night, yet we NEVER sleep through the night.
BTW~Mattress shopping is a nightmare. It's one that I promise to make a full post about soon.
After we decided on the perfect mattress for us, we went even further and decided to get a King size.
Let me tell you, going from a queen to a king is like HEAVEN!
No more do I have to nudge Dave over to his 1/4 of the bed I allow him!
He has his space, I have mine and we are happy to stick to our side of the bed.

Our mattress came 2 days ago.
We could hardly contain the excitement of going to sleep.
Unfortunately, when you are used to sleeping on phone books, a nice new mattress is a bit 'off' and falling asleep didn't prove to be an easy feat, but one we both finally did.
12:12am: THUNK!?!?!?
I jumped out of my bed rushing to Logan's room thinking he fell out of bed again.
To my surprise, I heard "Ow Mama"!
Did I hear this in Logan's room?
Oh no.
MILES FELL OUT OF HIS BED.

My worst nightmare came true.
I didn't know what to do in my half asleep stage and Dave was proving to be useless as I heard him snoring.
I rocked Miles for a good 15 minutes until he stopped shaking and put him back to bed PRAYING he didn't do that again. (we're just not co sleepers here. Not because I don't think it's right, just simply because I can't sleep period)
Then, I stayed awake for the next 1 1/2 hrs because I was waiting for him to fall out and crack his head open.

It's like a bad dream. New mattress. Hopes of a full night sleep.
Ha! He'll show me!

Luckily we've had 1 nap and one night since then and he hasn't tried it again.
Maybe it knocked some fear in him? I don't know.
Regardless, I'm praying he doesn't try again.
He's not even 2 for crying out loud. Logan was in his crib until almost 3!
I'm not ready for the shortened naps, the hard bedtime and the waking up at the crack of dawn. We already wake UP at the crack of dawn, so this would be the crack of the crack of dawn!

Last night however was about 10 times better sleep than the night before.
----------

I had a doctors appt today to talk more about the hysterectomy. I also brought to her attention a breast lump I've had for the past 6-8 weeks. I've had a tumor removed from my breast before, so I'm not really worried about what they'll find.
I AM however worried about the MAMMOGRAM I have to have. I only had an ultrasound last time. I guess I'm aging, right? I get a mammogram AND an ultrasound.
Who's had a mamagram.
Tell me how bad it hurts.
Do you have...um...are you well endowned.
I am TOTALLY not and REALLY can't see my little golf balls shrunk down to the size of a pancake. YOUCH!
Anyone, anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger formerteacher said...

I had one three years ago, and am small-chested. I did not find it painful. Uncomfortable maybe, but NOT painful. Be prepared to be one of the youngest ones there by a few decades:)

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Damn...I have no advice.

Did Miles climb out of the crib or did you move him to a toddler bed?

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

I've not had one either. Sorry.

1:16 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

...but I was just thinking....

If men had to have their testicles smashed between two pieces of glass to the size of pancakes to test for lumps the way we have to do to our breasts, I BET they would have came up with a better by now.

Wanna bet?

1:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home