The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The life of a King

When Dave and I first started sleeping in the same bed, we were all cuddly. I'd sleep in his shoulder, he'd wrap his arms around me. I'm not sure we did much actual SLEEPING, because really, who can sleep all tied up.
It was nice though, then.
Fast forward 10 years and you have us now.
I'm 5'3" and he's 6'2". I take up WAY more room than he does.
When he sleeps with his arms over his head, I put them back down.
Really, do I really need to smell his armpit while I'm sleeping? I think not.
When I'm too far over on his side, he pushes me back over. Granted, he's way more nice about it than I am.
When we were bed shopping, we had to decide if we were going to go for the normal Queen or if we wanted to upgrade to the King size.
With much thought, we decided to go with the King.
We were afraid it would look too big in our average size room, but it really doesn't.
Let me tell you how life has changed.

I won't say we're sleeping more, because our almost 2 year old is waking up crying every single night...a couple times each night. That's a whole other post with the dilemma of CIO at almost 2. Again.
And I can't say that our bodies are more rested in the morning, yet. We do feel like it will happen, but the bed guys say it takes a good couple of weeks.
The thing that is so grand about our new sleeping situation is the fact that we have an extra 16 inches of space.
Dave is now allowed to sleep with his arms over his head.
I'm allowed to sleep with my legs in any position I might come up with.
We can choose to cuddle for a few minutes in the middle, and then go right back to our own space.
THIS is what sleep is supposed to be like people!

I will NEVER have a queen size bed again!

So, the moral of the story is:
If you need to go mattress shopping in the future, just go with the King.
You and your spouse will be MUCH happier!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

We SO need a king size!!

12:26 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I totally agree with you!!! We LOVE our king, and would never willingly go back!

4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home