The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The tale of the mammogram

Let's just say I wasn't particularly excited about this appointment.
But, the time came and off I went. Hey, it was a childless excursion, it couldn't be all that bad! Am I the only one who shows up to appts a little early when I don't have the kids. I can sit and READ a MAGAZINE!
Heavenly!

So, let's just say that any fear I had that my ladies were too small for the machine just were plain wrong.
My small B's fit just fine.
And boy are you surprised at how flat a pair of small B's can REALLY get. To be a fly on the wall for a DD appointment!
Now, pregnancy didn't leave them all that perky, heck, not perky at all...but I was REALLY thinking that after this test, they small amount of 'perk' would all but disappear.

They did 4 angles of 'smooshing' on each side as well as taped a 'b-b' to the lump.
I then had an ultrasound done, which took all of 30 seconds. I think that there could have been a little bit more time taken on that one, but whatever.
The good news is, even though there is a 2cm size lump that is very much present, it appears to be plain old normal breast tissue.
No cysts, no tumors, no cancer.

I do need to start my regular screenings at age 35 though, do to the breast cancer in my family. With any luck, I won't be back there for another 6 years!
:)

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Well, I have C's and I'm in no hurry to get them squished. I've got this deep seated resentment (which I have stated before) that if MEN were to have their testicles squished like that - we would have a much much better way of screening for breast cancer by now.

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

I'm so glad things look good. You had us nervous there for a sec. Thanks for sharing the experience, I always wondered what it's like.

7:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but did it hurt?!

4:05 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Glad that everything went well!

8:42 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Julia,

Seriously, no, it didn't hurt!
It was just weird.
Maybe if one were to never have kids I can see it might hurt, but like I said, I"m a bit stretched! ha!

11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home