The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Traveling cosmetologist?

OK, I top the cake when it comes to people who don't know what they want to do with their life when the grow up!
I know, I know!!

BUUUT!!!
My friend became a 'Body Shop' rep and has been sharing so many samples etc...with me. (on a side note, if you are thinking about doing something like this, this company ROCKS!!)

Anyway, working with the products etc...I've REALLY been itching to get back into cosmetology BIG time.
I'm so hesitant to go work in a salon part time evenings because so soon Logan will be in Kindergarten all day and I wouldn't want to leave him right when he gets home. I'd never see him. And in order to be successful, you have to work evenings and weekends.

Here is my thoughts...you know how people have botox parties? What if people had mani or pedi parties or highlight parties or facial parties?
Invite a bunch of friends over, obviously a limit on the number, and have them all soaking their feet, drinking some wine, chatting away while I do their feet? (or hands...or face in a separate room...probably not hair I guess because rinsing would be a problem)
I could limit it to 4 people maybe so that it's not TOO long.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.
I really do miss beauty, and have been out of it for YEARS!
I'd have to get my manager's license to be legal, but I'd like to get that anyway...

Thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Life's too short not to give it a try if you really miss it that much. :)

9:22 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

There is a company that has parties like that.

My friend used to do it, kinda like pampered chef, tupperware, etc.

The company is called:

http://www.beauticontrol.com/

10:20 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

We had a lady come to our MOPS meetings twice who did something just like that. I think if you miss it, try to find a way that it would work.

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

I think that's a great idea! I'd much rather have a party like that than those aimed at selling a particular product. In fact, it would be a great activity for bridal showers, baby showers and bachelorette parties!!

6:05 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

I would love to go to a party like that. I'm sure most of my friends would too.

5:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home