The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, January 18, 2004

14dpo...I am not writing ANYTHING about TTC today!
Its sunday, the day of rest! lol
It is -20 degrees with the windchill today! WAY too cold, but I am still venturing out. I am getting a fake tan today! Mystic tanning booths? I'm a little nervous that I am going to be a streaked orange tiger, but being a red-head fairskinned person, I can honestly say I have NEVER been tan in my life! It will be fun! I'm going again on Tuesday so that I look extra tan while I'm in Florida!
Its only going to be in the high 50's to low 60's but BOY will it feel good!
I've already started packing, and got some capri's and am even bringing my sandles! How exciting!
Dave thinks it will be too cold for that, but I swear after the weather lately, it will feel like the tropics to me!
I got my haircut and eyebrows waxed yesterday, tanning today, got a new dress and shoes...I'll feel like a million bucks!!
However, I am going to miss the heck out of Logan! He is staying with Dave's parents. They are just great with him, and their house is like his 2nd house! He even has his own room there! lol He helps do the laundry, sweeps, unloads the dishes...OK, well, it is more like making a mess out of all those jobs, but he has fun doing it!!
And after the stress of this month, I really need some adult time. Some time to unwind and relax. Some time to be able to eat my meal slowly and actually enjoy it! Some time to not cook and clean and do laundry, but to go to a resturant and have someone else cook for me.
I need to get out of this house and this mindframe for a bit.
Also, its good for Logan too! A vacation for him! Grandma jan has so many activities planned for him! He is even going to gymnastics on Friday if the weather is good.
But, even with all that positive on going, I'm still going to miss him SO much!
I'll probably call more than one time a day! hee hee!
Jan THINKS she is going to start potty training him (which really is up to me and dave when we begin, but she likes to think that she has an equal say...don't ask!)
and I told her to go for it! If she wants to deal with that, by all means! If he goes with it, then I'll keep it up at home, but if he doesn't, we are not starting until early summer. When he can run around with out bottoms on and not be cold etc....where I can bring the potty chair out on the deck while he is playing etc...I'm really not looking forward to it! BUt I AM looking forward to not buying diapers anymore!
Its just one more thing that makes me look at him and see how big he is getting! He is already up to my belly button almost! My BABY! He wears size 9 shoes! Its crazy how big his feet are!
Anyways, I'm just rambling here........trying to keep away from the TTC drama of the day!
I have 2 loads of laundry left and I am completely DONE! Well, until we get undressed tonight! It really is a never ending process, but the look of a completely clean laundry room floor is enough to keep me excited!
Ah the strange life of a SAHM!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home