The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

I'm not superstitious

But just in case I decide to be after I write this post, I'll be careful with how I state things...

A little someone who's name is almost 'smile' has been doing something rather refreshing in his bed for the number between 5 and 7 hours for three nights in a row now.
Get it?
Shhh! Don't tell him!
I'm not claiming victory YET, but I'm almost ready to break out the glasses for a celebration toast!
---------------
I'd like to hear some of your internet friendship stories!
When I was pregnant with Logan I met an amazing group of women. At the time of pregnancy and birth there were definitely over 100 in our group.
3 1/2-4 yrs later there are about 20 of us, give or take, who still 'talk' on a VERY regular basis. We have formed our own private message board and I go there every day. I've gone through a pregnancy with them and went on to see many more babies being born in our group. I've seen happy times and sad times and wouldn't trade our friendships for the world!
One special friendship that has formed out of that group is someone that I will no doubt grow old with. It is one of those special friendships where you would give anything to that friend emotionally.
Don't get me wrong, there has been issues with these friends at times, but hey! A group of women will ALWAYS have issues, right?!
When I started blogging so long ago I was introduced to a whole new set of 'friends'. Not really FRIENDS though, more like 'friend crushes'. They probably didn't even know I was around. I read their lives, cheered them on, cried with them, and was proud to know them.
I was then introduced to a whole new set of blogger friends. I couldn't imagine not having them post on my blog and not read and posting on their blog.
The internet is such a great way to find support in ANY situation that arises!
I've found pregnancy support, miscarriage support, infertility support, clomid support, HELLP and pre-eclampsia support, lack of sleep support...The list goes on and on!
My sister met her current (and longest) relationship online. I have no doubt that they will get married in the future.
I wonder what people once did BEFORE the internet for support.
I know noone personally in my REAL life who has gone through a loss, infertility AND HELLP...not a single one! Yet online I know too many to count!

Have you met someone online that you wouldn't have met otherwise and wound up being the best of friends? Tell me about it!

Have you met someone online that you THOUGHT you would be the best of friends with only to find out that person was not at all what they portrayed?

Have you gone to MEET IN PERSON a complete internet stranger ever?
Would you, given the chance?
If you have, what was it like?

Do you have an internet friend that you would love to meet?
Do you have an internet friend that you are scared to meet? (as in you're happy its just internet related...no more!)

Do you have an internet stalker or other scary story!
SHARE! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

What in the heck did we do before the internet?

BTW...how is the King and Queen doing? HOw is the queen feeling these days?

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I hope my answer isn't too long. Back when I first went off to college in 1993, I became obsessed with Internet Relay Chat. This was back when the web was text only and you used lynx to read it. Anyway, I met tons of people online that way, including two guys who became my best friends in college. We developed a close bond with the people in our chat room on IRC and to this day we all still talk. Many of us have met in one way or another. They used to arrange "meets" but I wasn't able to make it to any. Twelve years later we have a yahoogroup and still do daily emails. Its amazing what we have all gone through in that number of years.
I guess it was that experience that made me not afraid at all to meet my husband whom I met through an online personals ad. And, WHAT THE HELL WOULD I DO WITHOUT HIM?!?!
And now I've got my blog sistas, without whom this last year would have been extraordinarily lonely and scary. I hope many of us will continue to keep in touch as the years pass.

7:58 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I met a friend in another internet website who I shred infertility, misscarriage and eventually pregnancy and childbirth with. We ended up meeting when our children were about a year old, and had the greatest time. Our husbands came with, and even my shy husband just loved them and wished they lived closer. A few weeks ago she gave birth to her second child and in about a month I'll give birth to my second. We both are done having children now. It's funny how you can share so much with a complete stranger, and then become friends because of your common experiences. Having her to share my infertility nightmare with really made life bearable at times, and I hope vice-versa. I am so thankful for the internet! What did we used to do without it?
Bev
finallygettingsomewhere.blogspot.com

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

I do have many good friends I have met online, but haven't met any of them (yet). I have sent and recieved packages however.

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home