The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My quarterly review....

My goodness Logan has known exactly what to say these days!
When I feel bad that he hasn't had much fun activity lately, is spending too much time on the TV and computer, and is eating WAAAY too many PBJ's and Chicken nuggets he comes up with the following...

"Mama, I know you like it when I call you mama!" (and I DO like it, SO much!)"Mama, Where are you going?"
"To dinner with a friend"
"Oh! Which friend?"
"Mommy's friend Carrie" (I was trying to find a shirt that covered the baby buldge)
"Mama, you look GREAT!"
---------------------
"Mama, awww...mom...You're the bestest swimmer in my whole life!"
"Really! I didn't know you'd ever seen me swim? Trust me, I'm not that good at it!"
"Oh yes you are, you're the bestest!"
---------------------
Anyone with a MIL will love this one!

while at Grandma's house sitting down for dinner...
"Have a bit of your supper"
"No mom, it isn't good"
"sure it is! It's your favorite! Tuna Mac!" (Or tuna-less mac in the vegetarian home)
"but it's not YOUR tuna-mac! You're the bestest tuna-mac maker!"
inside laughing at the fact that MY tuna mac is better than MIL's...
----------------------
While Daddy was giving Logan a bath last night...
"Lets play fishing!"
"OK buddy!" and gets out his fishing pole...
"not like THAT dad! Like how MOMMY does it!"
"How does Mommy do it?"
"MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!"
"YEAH BUD?"
"You're the funnest"
---------------------

Lesson learned in all of this? Sometimes I think I'm doing a royally bad job at juggling both kids right now. BUT, the one I think will live to remember all those times I say, "I can't right this minute because Miles is eating/needs a bath/needs to be put to bed/etc...thinks I am the bestest swimmer, cook, funnest and best dressed! ha!

4 Comments:

Blogger ErinMary said...

What a lucky Mama. All of those moments are priceless. I especially liked the MIL moment! It gave me a little giggle.
Hope everyone is feeling better 'round your house! I see you finally showed Miles who's boss. Could someone please show my son who's boss?
-Erin

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I can't imagine how wonderful it will feel to hear the word "mama"

12:32 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Kether took the words right out of my mouth--Awwwwww!! What a sweetie!!

((Hugs))

2:25 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

That is too adorable.

I also LOVE the "better tuna-mac that your MIL" comment. That would be enough to make me smile for a month or a year or longer...LOL!

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home