The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

I must say to you, dear readers...

You are the BEST!
Do you know how afraid I was to push 'publish'?
I figured I'd get nothing but, "you ungreatful S.O.B.", but you guys gave me exactly what I needed, support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
I agree when you all said you think that this is more stressful due to lack of sleep. You're right on the money. The other thing is of course the sickness that has infested our lives.
My poor baby went back to the doc of Friday because the doc said that if he wasn't dramatically better by friday he needed to see him before the weekend. Well, he was worse.
It seems the pneumonia got better but broncholitis came instead. (chest X-Ray told us this) This is an infection in the small air ways to the lungs. It can be serious in babies because the tubes are so tiny to begin with.
I had to start him on some asthma meds (albuterol, syrup) and call back that afternoon to give an update.
While he did seem to be breathing better while sleeping, as soon as he woke up and started coughing he struggled. By the time I got him back, his nose started running like a faucet.
My babe had pneumonia (still treating it with antibiotics), broncholitis, and now an upper respitory tract infection.
We were sent home with a nebulizer and the instructions to high-tail it to the ER if we felt he couldn't breath well.
LUCKILY today I think he's taking a turn for the better.
Still hacking out a lung, still runny nose, but the WHEEZING isn't nearly as bad!
Yay for his little immune system, huh?
And yay for his parents who kept their cool one more time with another illness!
Sweet hubby-o-mine stayed up with Miles while I went to bed at 8:30. He got up with him at 1:00, I got up with him at 3:00, Dave got up with him at 4:00, and I got up for good with him at 6:00.
So, 8:30-6:00...about 8 1/2 hrs. Funny thing is is my body was SO much more tired this morning than it is usually after its 4hrs of sleep!
But, I'm so happy I got some sleep.
I know it will get better, and I know in time I'll look back and be OH so happy we're only having 2 children right! hee hee! Oh wait, I can already do that one!
Thank you for your support, and those who emailed, I promise I'll email back after the weekend. I have our parents coming over for breakfast tomorrow to watch the boys hunt for their baskets and eggs. How many do you think Miles will find! ;)
Off to clean!
Happy Easter to all!

3 Comments:

Blogger dawnamarie said...

Poor little guy! I definitely understand the feeling, while Aiden was going through RSV, my stepson had all the same that your baby has now. He's just a tad older, so he's not doing a nebulizer, but poor Aiden was, and he rather enjoyed it. Played with the tubes and such, made it easier just to let him chew on the end while the steam blew in his face. After about two days with the nebulizer(still waking once a night to do one treatment) he was breathing well enough to sleep much much better(not as well as before illness), and hopefully he'll return to only waking once per night-though that was probably a 2 week fluke that I won't see again until he's 2. I'm just that lucky. (:

10:23 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Glad you got some sleep! Hope your boys are feeling well and you had a great Easter!

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Glad you got some sleep! Hope your boys are feeling well and you had a great Easter!

9:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home