The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Big Huge Thanks...

to all of you who took part in my 'copy-cat' survey!
It means so much to me to know that you people are interested in what I have to say to come back...I'm honored...thank you!
You see, my original goal was to email each and everyone of you to personally thank you, and I got started on that and...well...you'll never believe this. Or maybe you will.
Miles has pneumonia.
So right now my time is spent taking care of both of my boys who's coughs sound worse than the cough of a grown man. I'm constantly covered in puke from Miles, so bad that I've just stopped changing when it happens. I'm down to the wipe and go... I don't have time to do the multitude of laundry that it takes to be puke-free. I smell lovely, care to come over for some coffee?
Ahhh coffee, my best friend. Miles is now waking up every two hours instead of three.
Did I mention that I have the headcold from hell and can't be in a room without tissues?
I'll be honest and tell you that I feel like I'm drowning in this motherhood thing, but I know once everyone is healthy that I'll find my groove and fly with it. Until then, I'm feeling rather bad at my job...ah the joys!
But back to you...
Thank you Yvette, Denise, Kether, Amie, Dawnamarie, Hillary Marie, Jennie, Linda, Zoeesmommy, EB, Leonid Mamchenkov, Carrie, Melissa, Kari, Simone and Crista for reading my blog, for posting and for making me feel so very special.
I promise I'll be checking the new blog selections as soon as I'm not covered in puke or snot! ;)
----------
I wanted to share this link...my good friend Shelley is this awesome photographer. She just found her passion and went with it and is doing amazing work. She was asked to photograph the homecoming of troop 251 home from Iraq. She did such an awesome job. No matter how you feel about the war, seeing the soliders in these pictures embracing thier family for the first time in so long is enough to make at least me sob all the way through. I'm the proud daughter of a Vietnam Vet. My dad was drafted into the Marines and served in the jungles from 1969-1970. 1 month after he married my mom. His reunion was nothing like this (imagine getting off the bus and getting spit at in the face)
I'll warn you, it's a bit long, but if you have time watch it...it's amazing...
Shelley's Photography
Click on the bottom '251st unit click here'

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Those pics are BEAUTIFUL!!! And ofcourse they have me sobbing uncontrollably! The thought of one of my children coming home safe from a War just makes me weak at the knees.

Oh and let me apologize for not filling out your little survey .. but every since Monday when we found out Skyla will be here Sunday night or Monday my brain has been to frazzled to answer the survey. I've tried twice and couldn't wrap brain around it.

7:03 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

omigosh. you need a break!

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Hope Miles recovers quickly! I know I can't wait until this winter is over, its been nothing but sickness.

Your friend is an great photographer! I got sidetracked with the maternity pics.

11:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home