The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

What do you do when...

...you spend your whole life thinking you are going to want to be an 'at home mom' forever, only to wake up one day with an uncontrollable urge to go back to school to get certified in something that really appeals to you.
How can you even make it OK in your head when your 9 week old baby is sleeping in your arms.
How do you decide what to do?
How do you know the choice you are making is the right choice?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Jen I started laughing when I read this post because I've been having the opposite thoughts--wishing there was a way to make the same amount of cash and stay home instead of work. I think we always wonder if the other is a better choice. I think it has nothing to do with whether or not we're satisfied with how life is now (I love my job and I know you love staying home with the kids) If you were working you'd probably want to stay home.
But, if you really find yourself needing a change of pace in your life, I say follow that instinct. You can always change your mind later.

7:09 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

I agree with Kether. I think that you should follow your instinct whatever it may be. Maybe look into some classes and start back slowly and see how that works being away from the kiddos. And if it is too much, then wait a little while to go back.

6:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home