The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Its amazing what dinner will do for you

Dave and I got 2 whole hours away from the kids last night!
2 HOURS! Do you realize how huge that is! (I know you do!!)
We got a gift card to the Olive Garden for Christmas, and of course haven't been able to use it yet.
We went, explained to the waitress that we were in NO hurry and that we were going to take our sweet time. Explained the whole first time out without a child type thing and she was so nice.
We ordered a bottle of wine and let me tell you...YUM!
We ate and ate and ate! (and drank and drank and drank!) Even had this Chocolate cake type dessert that was so SO good!
We talked about things other than our children! Sure, we talked about them some (OK, a lot!) but we also talked about music, travel, where we want to go for our 5th anniversary this year. We looked into each others eyes (the tired bloodshot eyes, but hey! We pretended we weren't overly tired!)
We felt like we saw a glimpse of who we were, once upon a time ago!
Parenting is the most wonderful thing in the world, don't get me wrong, but you seriously give up most parts of yourself. At least that happened to me. I never thought it would. Sure I still savor some things. Example...music in our cars. We do NOT listen to childrens music in the car. My car has an endless supply of Dave Matthews. Logan knows the songs and even has his favorites. He sings along to most of them. I won't give up my car trips to Barney, Elmo and most definitely the Wiggles.
However, a lot of myself has fallen away from 'Jen' to 'Mommy'...or 'Ma' for short if you remember my post about that;). I'm trying hard to pull more of 'Jen' out of the closet, and hope that as time goes on I can do that.
Last night made me feel as if I can start doing that!!
I felt so ALIVE(or maybe the wine was just helping that along!)
We came home to an overly tired Logan and an overly cranky Miles. The funny thing is, it didn't stress me out one bit! I gladly dove in a played super mommy and got Logan all nestled in his bed after 3 books, and Miles nestled in my arms to polish off a bottle. Its so true what they say about a happy parent makes for a happy child.
Oh how I wish we could do it every week.
----
I'm feeling MUCH less stressed about my MRI (the results, not the procedure) as I found a HELLP website and asked the women on it if they experienced the memory loss symptoms etc. that I did and YES! Most of them did! I'm so relieved to hear that. Now, in a WAY its pretty cool that I'm going to know if there is anything funky going on in my brain, isn't it? I know that when Logan had his first MRI it gave me much relief to know exactly the extent of his cyst etc...I'll be happy to know if my brain is A-OK, or if there is anything funky inside. Who knows how long it will take to get the info though.
----
Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a fellow blogger in my bloglist! Carrie, can't wait to meet you and your little munchkin!
----
I even get to go this afternoon for a haircut and eyebrow wax! TWO outings in two days! So good for the soul! I've ordered this workout/weightloss program and it should be here any day. I can't wait to start it. It is a 90 workout program. 6 days a week, but the video's are only about 36 minutes a piece. Their website has a message board area to get support from others in your shoes and I've been scoping out the before/after shots and am SO SUPER excited to be able to possibly wear a swimsuit in our new boat without feeling self conscience! I've lost all my pregnancy weight, no I need to lose the pregnancy jiggle! I'll keep you updated along my journey!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

OMG Jen it does my heart good to hear you sounding so fantastic. =)
I'm so glad you had a dinner out and you're getting out today. And you even sound ok about the MRI. Man, I remember when Logan had his...seems so long ago.
As always you aren in my thoughts and prayers.

1:22 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

It sounds like you are making good on your goal of "more Jen"...haircut, eyebrow wax! Sexy Mama...I mean Jen! ;)I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!

7:09 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Jen, I'm so happy to hear you doing so well!! There is a brightness to your recent posts that I've missed.

Enjoy your Jen-time, whenever you can! And have a fun lunch with Carrie!!

(((Hugs)))

11:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home