The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, February 25, 2005

I had a whole post planned for today...

that is until I read this brilliant post...go read!!
Noone could have posted it better!
Yes, I give my son apple juice.
I sometimes don't force the glove issue(its really hard people to get a 3 yr old to wear them when he knows full well he won't really be able to use his hands until they are off) but to make up for that...in a joking tone...he DOES wear a hat a scarf and a big coat. I didn't breastfeed...wanted to, but didn't. Does that mean I shouldn't have been a mother?
ooooh! I have one up on the apple juice...I feed my son KRAFT MAC N CHEESE! And even eat it myself! Oh the horror!

3 Comments:

Blogger ErinMary said...

He, he, he. Thomas won't wear mittens, and frankly, I don't have the energy to fight with him. If it's so cold that he'll get frostbite, we just don't go out. I don't do the Kraft, only because we have a kid in the extended family who has only eaten that and hotdogs for as long as he could eat, and he's almost six. No exaggeration. He eats NOTHING else. I actually posted about it a while back. Not everything ds eats is healthy, of course, there's a lot of grilled cheese on his menu. But I have a personal aversion to the mac and cheese. But I'm sure Logan doesn't eat it 2x a day every day. Anyway--it's amazing how one person can think they have the answers to mothering, and if only the rest of us would listen!! Such arrogance blows my mind.
Take care!

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I know. I couldn't believe it either.
Does EVERYTHING have to be healthy/ have moral value? can't some things just be yummy or fun? Isn't balance what the world needs?

Oh, well. I already know I'll be the subject of many a mother drive by. I'll just have to put on some armor.

10:15 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Are you kidding? Mac and Cheese is a staple in our house!

Oh, and my confession? Grace slept on her tummy occasionally starting when she was 5 weeks old. (gasp!) She's still alive, healthy and happy and we all got some sleep during that colicky time! And, yes, I went into her room and checked her like a fiend to make sure she was breathing...

12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home