The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Miles first trip to the ER :(

Logan's had the diarhhea for a couple days, not ALL the time, but once or twice a day.
Miles got it. He also got a fever of 101.6.
The doc had me take him straight to the ER.
First, my chunker weighed in at 13lbs 6oz!
His fever had already gone down, but they had to do blood work (2 hands, 3 pokes each, LOTS of crying from Miles and Mommy) and then a urine sample...through a cathedar...through his pee-pee...:(:(
Awful to watch.
My poor poor peanut.
The labs came back that he is anemic. This could be because of the virus he's contracted or because of chronic low iron anemia (but he eats full iron formula, so I'm hoping its purely from the virus)
He has to have blood drawn in a week. His 2 month appt is next monday, so he'll have 3 shots AND blood drawn.
I wish I could spoil him with a treat afterwards, but it looks like mommy's arms will have to do the trick...
He's doing OK today. Finally eating again. He wanted nothing to do with the formula but drank the pedialyte like a champ.
Its been a long night of no sleep for anyone but Logan, so I'm signing off to TRY to nap while the boys are napping.
___
CHRISTINES in LABOR!!!
Go leave her a message of good luck!
What do you think Charm is? A boy or a girl?
I still think boy!
We'll see!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Poor Miles!
13+ lbs? wow!
I can't believe he's almost two months. Time is flying, isn't it?

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh noooo .. poor Miles. Sorry everyone is feeling so bad. Hope everyone feels better ASAP!!!

9:18 AM

 
Blogger ErinMary said...

Poor little one! I'm glad your boys are feeling better. Diarhea is so scary when they're little, especially as little as Miles.
Hope you're all getting some rest.
-Erin

8:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home