The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Once upon a time...

**warning, not a story that you might want to read if you are TTC without much luck at the moment. This is a story that you might just want to pass on...I know I would have...**
Once upon a time there was a King and Queen.
They had two little Princes, quite adorable ones I might add.
King and Queen had been together for quite some time and knew exactly what they wanted in life.
They were there!
They were happy as can be, although quite a bit sleep deprived.
They envisioned their future with the two Princes and smiled at the visions of two happy little boys running and playing happily.
It was a happy dream.
On day, King was quite in the mood, so to speak. Queen was feeling bad because poor King wasn't getting any (and I mean ANY) attention since Prince number 2 came along.
Queen caved and decided that King deserved some quality attention.
We'll spare the details, but lets just say that King decided to use the form of protection that one chooses to use when his Queen isn't on any other kind of birth control. Lets just also add that things didn't work they way we expected they would with that simple kind of birth control.
So, King and Queen used a simpler form of birth control...As in a quick frolic and then a quick escape.
No problems, right?
Ah, but since Queen had to learn so much about her body to conceive Prince number 2, she knew right away in the morning that things might not be so problem free.
You see, Queen ovulated the next day.
Lovely fertile mucu..(can I say mucus in this sweet story, or will it ruin it? ah well, you get it)
the kind that one who is ttc DREAMS about. Again, I'll spare the details, but lets just say F.E.R.T.I.L.E. (we interrupt this story to say that my body pre Miles would have gotten a period MAYBE 3x/year. SINCE Miles, I've already had 2! I'm ovulating, I'm getting a period. Completely crazy that it took us 19 months because I WASN'T ovulating, and NOW that I don't care if I do or not, I'm OVULATING! Stupid body!...back to our story!)
So, Queen had a little freakout and did a little research.
It appears that even though King was kind enough to finish his business away from the danger zone that there is a *bit* of a chance that he could have let some boys free before the finale without knowing.
So, that left Queen even more freaked.
Queen has been pregnant 3 times. Time one was a 'one time w/o protection' resulting in Prince 1. Time two was a 'one time without protection' resulting in angel one. Time three was completely different, but as you see time 1 & 2 shows that it can be done without much effort.
Today is 5 days since the short little frolic and Queen senses that something is just not right.
Is Queen crazy and overeacting? I'm sure...
Is Queen a bit afraid...very much so...
Does any of my little fairytale make sense to anyone else but me?

10 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

ohhhhhhhh...suspence!

4:45 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Oh Jennifer, I didn't know how to feel when I read this. I know the HELLP was awful and they've advised you not to have more, but I also (you know me...) believe in God's plan--even though travelling through His plan is sometimes incredibly hard.
I know this is freaking you out. I'm here if you need me.

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

Oh wow Jen!! How do you want this fairytale to end??
Do you want another Prince or yet a Princess??? OR does it just scare the HeLL out of you??

I'm sure a little of both!!

Like Kether said about God....I believe he will give you only what you can handle!! :)

I'll be watching for another post to see what the outcome is!! :)

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

OMG - I will be watching for the conclusion of this fairytale.

9:27 PM

 
Blogger dawnamarie said...

I think I live this fairytale on a monthly basis. We seem to have a few either "oops! for got the condom" or "oops! didn't pull out in time" moments. Fortunately, Aiden is weaning, so (yay!) I can go get some birth control(which will make me fatter, and I dislike that but would much rather be fatter than giving dan baby number 4..) Oh and you could very well be overreacting. I've overreacted about once a month for the past 4. heh

2:36 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Zoinks! (to quote Scooby-Doo)

You'll ummmm, have to let us know the ending of this little story! ;)

3:21 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Anxiously awaiting the end of the fairy tale...of course it may be a long one :D

8:17 AM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Wow, scary stuff.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Simone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:06 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow .. I can totally sympathize. As someone who is literally terrified of getting pregnant again (scared I might not live through the next pregnancy) I know how scary it can be to even contemplate. I am getting my IUD May 9th and can't wait!!!

6:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home