The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, April 18, 2005

teething, rolling and up all night

So it appears that Miles is starting the wonderful teething phase of his life. His older brother basically buzzed right through this stage with no problems. In fact, I wouldn't have known he was teething if it were not from the massive amount of drool pouring out of his mouth.
Miles is putting anything and everything in his little mouth. He tries to stuff the rattles in there, and then gets mad because they don't fit! Its rather funny and sad all at the same time.
Hes angry, grouchy, and definitely in pain. Wouldn't you be? Gosh, I think it must be so painful! And to know that it goes on FOREVER and EVER, or so it seems.
He was up a LOT of the night last night. (See...I guess I am superstitious. Had I not told you all about our wonderful sleep habits, we would have slept soundly last night!)
He went down at 7:00. Up at 10:00, 12:30, 2:00, 5:00 crying hard at each time. Dave took the 2:00 feeding and ran in at about 2:35,
"JEN! JEN wake UP!! MILES ROLLED OVER! What do I DO???"
Needless to say it was the first time he rolled over! Yay for Miles! Such the milestone!! :)
Although he wasn't too happy to be flipped and that of course started him in a whole other phase until he can roll himself back the other way!
ah yes...we will sleep again some day, I'm quite sure of it!
So today I'm trying to make some baked treats and clean my house for a book party I'm having tomorrow. My friend became an usborne book consultant and tomorrow I am hosting her first show. It should be fun, but let me tell you it is NOT fun trying to make mini cheesecakes and cookies with a crabby baby and a bored 3 yr old.
Cry cry cry...mom! I'm bored...cry cry cry...Mom! Come play catch with me...cry cry cry...mom! Lets play outside..cry cry cry...MOOOMMMMMMM!!!!"
Feeling like a bad mom today! But, I guess sometimes I have to get things done right? Logan has many things he can do here, and I tried countless times to get him to help me cook or do art.
One thing he IS enjoying is EATING the treats! So, there...homemade treats! I AM a good mom! ;)
We tried out our new boat yesterday with Logan. He loved it, to my surprise! He kept saying, "FASTER daddy!" and here I thought he'd be afraid!
He'd wave to all the boaters and they all thought he was so cute!

So here is my post about nothing, as I am making myself take a break! What I REALLY could use is a nap seeing both kids are napping, but things must get done. bleh!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

that book party sounds fun. and yay! the boat!! and rolling over! (and I won't mention the not sleeping, but poor wee little guy!).
I hope you find some time to squeeze in a nap.
Liam accidentally rolled himself over in the middle of a tantrum on his tummy the other day. He was so shocked and suprised.
I can't wait until Liam starts grabbing at things. I hope he's not too far behind Miles in that case. We have all these toys and he doesn't want to touch any of them!

3:06 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

I feel you on the sleep thing. I cheered this morning because I got a whopping 3.5 hours of consecutive sleep last night for the first time in I can't even remember how long.

As for the teething .. ack .. Chip was horrible at teething .. not looking forward to it at all.

As for the rolling over, the party and the new boat .. how exciting!!! Lots going on .. glad things are mostly going well for you guys :)

10:30 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Go Miles!

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home