The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Join our circle, hold hands and help me along...

Are you down...get down!
take your neighbors hand and follow along.

*Dear Tooth Fairy, I know that you usually only come along to collect the teeth that have fallen out. Ms. Fairy, it's time to step out of your comfort zone and help a poor child (ahem...mom too) in need.
Those damn teeth...they're coming...they are there, right under the gums. With the amount of problems they are giving him, I'm praying it is about 6 of them ready to poke through.
You were kind enough to let Logan pass through this stage with little to no problem. We handed the kid a wet rag or rubber toy to chew on and he was good to go.
I know you're busy and all, really I do. We women do it all! It's OK that you forgot about sweet little Miles. It will all be dust under the rug if you hurry up and get here NOW! You see, Miles(' mom) is about to lose it. The poor boy thinks he has turned into a dog. And with dogs this grumpy, well...you know what they do to dogs this grumpy who bite this much.
I've kept busy while you've forgotten about us. I've given everything imaginable to bite on. His favorite seems to be my chin. I've given him tylenol, teething tablets, oragel, one of those mesh things to put frozen peaches in it, ice, ice bottles...it's not working.
We're down to the last wire here Ms. Fairy, and now it's time to call in the big guns.
I expect, by dawn to see some improvement. If you'd like, I could leave you some milk and cookies, but be aware, I have a crying fussy baby in my hands constantly due to your lack of effort. The cookies will be store bought, probably stale. I know you deserve better, but damn-it, so do we!
As you may be aware, I am alone with 2 kids for the entire week. Don't fail me now woman or you'll be sorry! ahem...I mean, I appreciate your effort and thank you in advance.
You're friend (and mom about to go mad from frazzled nerves)
Miles' mom

5 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

can I just add a PS on there for Liam. Just a weeny teeny PS. Just a begging her to stop by our house, too. He gnaws on my hands like a bulldog.

this was a hilarious post. Thanks!

2:57 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

A PPS for Delaney? pretty please?

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Oh ick.

It had to be this week that he's so fussy, right?

Call me if you need some adult interaction! I'm around! :)

9:16 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Is it teething week in blog world? Skyla started teething this week. I kept telling her she's only 10 weeks old and doesn't need teeth yet but for some reason she isn't listening to me.

Oh and try infant ibuprofin for teething, it's better than tylenol because it helps relieve gum swelling.

9:18 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

Did you try hylands teething tablets. Those worked great with my first two. :)

I hope the tooth fairy helps out!!!

11:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home