The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

And we won't be doing that again for awhile

I took the kids to Mc Donalds for lunch today.
Yes, it's awful.
Bad bad stuff.
I'm a horrible mom...
But it suuure is good! (ok, not really.)
Logan had to use the bathroom.
He's been begging to go into the boys bathroom for ages now.
When we're alone, I just don't let him.
No freaking way.
Today though, the restrooms were in plain view, and I knew no one had been in there for awhile.
I gave him the go ahead and watched my little man walk through the forbidden doors.
I stood right outside fighting the urge to open the door and ask if he was OK.
I fought the urge to literally hold the door open until he came out.
A minute after he walked in, a man walked in. He was carrying pants and a belt. His pants were undone.
What the fuck.
Get my little boy out of there!
Then I hear Logan say, "Hi!!"
I KNEW he was standing at a urinal with his tush hanging out. I knew he was.
The man said Hi and then a minute later Logan came bobbing out as happy as can be.
"Did ya wash your hands?"
"Oh, nope. Let me go back in!"
"Nah, let's go in this one." as I led him in the woman's.

6 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Oh gosh... reading that, that you just brought back every single fear, thought and feeling I had when I started to let Coffeekid go into the mens room by himself. My heart kind of swelled up there and my stomach felt sick for a moment! You know though, I waited RIGHT outside the door for like, 4 years and STILL keep a close eye on him at the mall and such even though he is now 13. I know perv's still lurk for 12/13 year olds... he may think he is 'older' now but he's still my baby. ;)

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Tonya said...

Its pretty bad when we are afraid to let our children go to the bathroom themselves.. it makes you wonder what this world is coming to.. Glad everything went alright although it was scary!

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

you are so brave! I bet Logan was so proud of himself!

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

here's to another milestone!!

and I know mcD's is crappy food but their french fries are the best!

10:09 AM

 
Blogger graymama said...

Just a reminder for those readers out there who have daughters. I was sexually abused by a woman, so it is always a good idea to peep your head in to check on the little ones using the Ladies room, too.

6:48 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

I, too, won't let Gus use the men's restroom alone. No freaking way.

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home