The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Nothing like it

Each year at Mother's Day I think that life is at its best. And of course, each year, it is.
But there is something about having a preschooler that makes it so great.
Logan had a Mother's Tea Party at school. (there was no tea)

The kids sang 7 songs. They all stood together on the carpet so sweetly.
One girl kept pulling up her skirt, as little girls usually do.
Two boys kept socking each other in the arm.
Logan and the little girl next to him kept showing each other how strong they were by picking each other up.
One little boy in the front row wouldn't stop crying.
Another little boy looked at all the cameras and had on his best smile and a glaze over his eyes waiting for the flash.

They did their dancing on cue, they did the movements on cue, the sang sortof on cue.
Then came the last song sang to the melody of 'Where is thumbkin'
'We love mothers
We love mothers
yes we do!
yes we do!
Mothers are for hugging
Mothers are for kissing,
We love YOU.
We love YOU!

And each child pointed and smiled at his or her own mom.
You could see pride on their faces, and sweet sweet love.
I was so touched.
I've never had my child really 'perform' in front of me and I can tell you if you've not had that happen yet, when it does you will feel those same proud feelings.

And of course, my son was the cutest. :0)

I don't think I have any real plans for Mothers Day except to have coffee and bagels for breakfast. It's my perfect morning tradition. Dave goes and buys a bunch of bagels and cream cheese. I make strong coffee and after the kids eat, we watch them play as we drink coffee and eat bagels together in our jammies all morning.
I prefer it 100% over going out to brunch.
Nothing all out here, and I couldn't ask for anything different!!

Happy Mothers Day to all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, how sweet. I'll be the pathetic mother bawling the whole time at that performance. :)

Happy Mothers' Day!! That morning tradition sounds wonderful. How I wish we could do just that!

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home