The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cool kid

It's really neat to watch your child grow into a person.
Logan, being the big 4 1/2 yr old is now his own person.
I've finally given up being in control (well, ok, not really) and let his true colors shine.

The other day we were grocery shopping and all of a sudden he sings LOUDLY,
"Leverly Hills, that's where I want to BEEE!" Hey, he's just like the rest of us, makes up his own words.
We got to the check out and we hear overhead 'You're beautiful...' ( you know that song. LOVE it, even though it makes NO sense at all, but anyway)
And he says, "MOM! It's our song! and continues to sing the refrain.
The checkout lady thought it was so funny.
Let's just say he takes after his daddy when it comes to his singing voice. Hopefully that improves with age! ;)

I think back to when I didn't think I would be able to get pregnant again. I thought having kids so far apart would be hard. I thought it would be hard for LOGAN as well. It turns out it was just right for us.
Logan really has the patience of a saint.
Take this morning for example.

Logan was watching Sesame Street and Miles comes up and turns the TV off.
I hear the typical "Mi-les!" as he turns it back on.

Then Miles sits down and bangs his head against the TV to get a reaction.
Logan starts to block his head so he bumps his hand instead.
Miles gets mad and sortof yells at Logan.
Logan then tells Miles, "I'm just protecting you Miles. Banging your head gives you owies!"

Then Miles gets mad at Logan again and decides that smacking him on the head is a good idea.
Logan says, "NOOOO Miles. Say 'nice Logan' and be nice" showing him how to rub his head nicely.

Miles thought it would be fun to stick his finger in Logan's nose and ear.
Logan says, "Miles has a nose and ear too! See?" as he points them out.
No irritation that some sticky finger just went up his nose and in his ear.

Miles then reaches for Logan hair and decides to screw the niceness and grabs a handful trying to yank it out.

Does Logan call for me? No!!(I'm right behind them hiding my silent laughs behind my coffee cup)
He tells Miles, "That was NOT nice. You need to be nice to your big brother. See, this is nice" as he gives him a hug.

Miles gives up being mean and cuddles in next to Logan to finish watching Elmo.

It is amazing to see him reason at such a young age.
I'm so impressed with him!
I think he is more patient than I am.
I think our age spacing is perfect (for us)

7 Comments:

Blogger Odd Mix said...

Logan is awesome! What a great brother!

And you make an interesting point about the age spacing. We have four kids; ages 9, 7, 6, and 3. The first was like that with the third, and the second is like that with the fourth - close to four years differeence in each case.

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Aww! That is so sweet!

2:05 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I am so impressed with your son Logan!!! My older son will say to my younger son, "No, that is mommy's purse," and I think that is so cute, but I have always wondered what it will be like when the younger son gets older. I hope my oldest is like Logan. That gives me hope that there won't be a knock down, drag out fight every day!!! What a fantastic son you have!!!

10:22 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

This made me tear up. What a sweet boy you have raised!

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

It makes me smile to read about Logan. What a loving brother! He'll make a good daddy one day!

1:23 PM

 
Blogger DDanielle said...

Wow that is awesome. My nephew is 5 and amazes me on how good of a big brother he can be, but I don't see him doing anything like that. Good job!

8:38 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Can you send Logan down here so he can get my two in line??
Please! He seems like a better parent than me somedays.

8:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home