The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Retail therapy

Last night I was lucky enough to escape the den for a bit and have dinner and a little retail therapy with our own TKW.
I've been in the market for a new pair of sunglasses. I have looked at no less than 7 or 8 stores, only to find the 'eat your face' type.
I know they might be hip and trendy, but I think they look silly!

TKW and I enjoyed some nice conversation over a quick dinner, and then the hunt was on. For me, sunglasses. For TKW, clothes to fit her tiny ass in!

While in one store, I was putting away some clothes for TKW when I had the honor of being called 'a nice piece of pussy'. Yes, such a compliment. The highlight of my night. Seriously, rolling eyes, who thinks that is a compliment.
Anyway...that's me. A nice piece of ...I hate even saying that word! Bleh!

I walked away with some sweet deals!
For myself:
New pair of cute blue cargo pants- should have been $39.50, on sale for $16.50.
New Wallet-should have been $10, got it for $4.99
New SHADES! Nine West- should have been $32, got them for $10.99! Sweet!
Cute beaded flip flops-$7.99
A savings of almost $50!

For the kids:
2 pair of flip flops, 1 baseball cap, 1 tshirt, 1 pair of bibs, 2 pair of jeans, and 1 pair of sunglasses all for a whopping $38!

The best part of it all? Coming home and seeing the children who were at their ropes end before I left, softly snoring away when i got home.
Ahhhh...Retail therapy! Beats a therapist any day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Sounds like a blast.

I hate that word as well...

Have a great Friday!

9:45 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that's going to be your nickname or for short maybe just NPP.

;)

I am SOOOO excited about my $6 capris...I'm so sad. SD tried on his swim trunks and AGREED THAT HE LIKED THEM (after making a comment about not being shot because it was hunter's orange, which personally I thought he'd appreciate...we're still working on trying on the shirt and shorts).

10:15 AM

 
Blogger Kat said...

Someone really said that to you? How do you respond to that? I would've broken down laughing. :)

1:42 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Retail therapy is the best, especially when you have a girlfriend with you.

3:48 PM

 
Blogger dawnamarie said...

Ack! Flip Flops for a toddler?? I only say this because I watched my 3 year old fall and destroy different parts of his body multiple times because he tried to run in the flipflops only to have his feet slip or the shoe to come off altogether. Dangerous thing. They are cute though! (:
Sounds like you got some great deals. I'm in the midst of a utility crisis, and some other things that have my budget all out of wack, so no shopping for me! :/

10:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who says something like that?! I mean realy?! Oh, but I just read TKW's suggestion of NPP for you. Hee-hee.

Glad you enjoyed the retail therapy...so sorry about the fish!

8:39 PM

 
Blogger suzspeaks said...

You did find some great deals!! What store were you shopping at??

9:13 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Yes, he REALLY said that!
I'll tell ya, my husband got a kick out of it and had to go tell all his work buddies about his
"NNP"

TWK, I think I'll pass! ;)

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Yes, retail therapy is very good!!

(And also the compliment as crude as it was...)

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home