The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Pacifier Safari

Who's with me here?

Miles sleeps with 3 pacifiers. (stupid stupid bad bad habit that I MUST break)
One in each hand, and one in his mouth.
Most days, when he wakes up they instantly get flung overboard. Then, as soon as I walk in his room, he's grunting and pointing for his long lost friends.
Um. don't throw them over my sweet boy.
After about 1 1/2 hrs of awake time, the grouchy personaility appears. Out comes the pacifiers (which I MUST start leaving in his bed ONLY for bed).
After 10 minutes, the pacifier is gone.

Today, I put him down for nap with only 2. Deal, I thought.
After 10 minutes I heard one clunk against the wall, and then the 2nd.
However, when I went to pick them both up for him I could only find one. I searched HIGH and low. I moved the crib. It was gone.
After I told Miles to GO to SLEEP, I instantly came down to look for the 1st lost pacifier. I was on my hands and knees looking EVERYWHERE.
I looked under the chairs and couch, behind the piano, behind the TV, in the shape sorter (which BTW is a good place to find lost pacifiers).
I looked EVERWHERE it could have possibly been.
It's GONE.

Stupid little pacifier stealing trolls live in my house.

Luckily he fell asleep, 40 minutes after I put him down for the first time.

Of course, when we got ready for nap number 2, I told Logan we need to do some pacifier hunting in Miles room.
He runs up and not 2 seconds later comes out with both of them.

Whatever. I looked. I looked hard.
And first pacifier has seriously disappeared.
I bet I'm going to find it in the box of Kix or something.

5 Comments:

Blogger Odd Mix said...

I HATE the pappy (pacifyer) hunts. With a bloody passion, I hate them. I think I could probably have purchased a majority share in Gerber for what I have invested in pappies.

And if I ever catch one of those "Stupid little pacifier stealing trolls" that live in my house too, I am going to a) torture it into revealing its stash by subjecting it to loud recordings of my children crying, and b) tun it into be charge for grand theft: pacifier.

7:55 AM

 
Blogger Anne said...

It's in his pants!

At least that's where I found Mr. Potato Head's feet the other night. In Gabriel's pj pants, as I was putting him down for the night.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

we have sippy cup trolls. wonder if they come from the same country,ll.

its a hard habit to break. I only had to do it twice,luckily.
Good luck.

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

That's hilarious. I'm sorry you had to look high and low. Sometimes kids are just better at that kind of thing!

4:04 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Uh huh.
We have paci issues as well.

9:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home