The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Apparently there was more to the story

If you recall the post I wrote earlier in the week regarding our local fertility clinic, you may find this interesting.
It went from confusion and anger, to slow details coming forth.
Apparently the closure was planned about 2 years ago due to hospital growth. They didn't feel the clinic belonged.

Well...then slowly it came out that one of the doctors was charging another with sexual harassment.

Then it came out that the doctor who was making the charges was married to the 3rd doctor in the clinic, the head honcho. (I didn't know this. Maybe it was common knowledge)

THEN It came out the man who is charged was given the title 'director' right under #3's nose. There was no reason gave.

Now it is known that new director, alleged sexual harasser even went so far as to wear surgical gown with breasts and pubic hair drawn on to a staff meeting, looking directly at the accuser.

What?

Could this be a movie in the making? I sure think so.

So, apparently after all of the angry patients and legislature, they decided to keep the clinic open. It is unsure if all 3 doctors will work together or will be split up.

Anyway, if you want some drama, read it here...
http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/top/index.php?ntid=78608&ntpid=2

7 Comments:

Blogger formerteacher said...

Holy cow! This sounds like a soap opera; a bad one.

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

So these are adults,huh. *rolleyes*

glad they are keeping it open to help others.

11:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a mess! I am currently a patient of Dr Pritts. My heart is breaking. YOu were treated by both lindheim and pritts- how har dfor you to see them feuding so much! Did you have any issues with lindheim?

8:54 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I saw no problems.
And regarding Dr. Lindheim, I thought he was great.
I did think he was arrogant, but I felt like that was an OK quality for the man that I was trusting to do IVF with. I felt that he knew exactly what to do, and I had/HAVE complete confidence.
He did have a sense of humor, that I could tell was not just kiddish. I didn't mind that. When I read that thing about the surgical scrubs thing, I seriously could see him doing it. Now, I wasn't his patient for very long, as we just got extremely lucky the month after the HSG.
One thing that I did think was funny, and it still sticks in my head this long after...when I had my u/s at 5 weeks pregnant, Dr. Pritts did it. She told me that she was 'taking this point' away from Dr. Lindheim seeing she did the HSG. Like I was just a number, another notch on a belt.
Strange.
I'm VERY curious to hear how you think things are going. I bet you were knocked off the chair when you received your letter!
I'm sad to see such mockery of themselves all over the news and the newspapers.

9:41 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Whoa! Soap opera drama.

8:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of the subject a tiny bit - hubby and I are about to go through IVF -He is suppose to have testical biopsy but he doesn't want to go through with it. Any advice would be awesome!

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Grace,
I wish I could help.
Honestly, I have no advice on testicle biopsy!
I know it must be hard for him to think about going through with that, but I hope all goes well.
It will be well worth it in the end!!
I plan on keeping up with your blog!
I would have emailed you, but I searched high and low on your site and couldn't find your email address!
Good luck with all!!

1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home