The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Does this every happen to anyone? You almost forget someone from your past and then you run into them everywhere you go?

My junior year in highschool. I was dating a guy and always hung out with him and his best friend. My guy wound up kissing my best friend on New Years Eve. It was really fun I tell ya. Both blamed liquor and swore they didn't remember.
Whatever.
Anyway, we broke it off, but still stayed good friends.
I started flirting and hanging out with his best friend. I figured, what the hell, right! He did it first! ;)

It never really went anywhere, but it was fun while it lasted.
The last time I saw him was before Dave and I even got engaged. So, we've been married for 5 1/2 yrs, and were engaged for about 1 1/2. So we're looking at somewhere around 7 yrs.

I honestly haven't thought about him a single time.

My parents were grocery shopping and ran into boyfriend #1. They got along very well back in the day. Strange, I thought. Last I heard from him, he sent me a wedding invite for the weekend after ours. We couldn't go because of our honeymoon. He's not married. It didn't sound like he ever did. Strange.

So, one day about a month or so ago, as I was pulling into the health club, I saw a truck that resembled fling #2's truck. But who drives the same car as you did in highschool? Especially when you graduated 11 yrs ago?

I would have never even noticed had I not have been talking about boyfriend #1 a while before this.
Strange coincidence.

So, since that day, I have seen fling #2 about 4 different times at the club. I'd approach and say HI if it wouldn't be at such inopportune times.
ex: IN the nursery dropping the kids off when he walks by the window.
ex: ON the treadmill when I see him walk by
ex: Walking by and seeing him on the way other side of the weightroom.

THEN, I was driving down the highway, and guess who's truck I saw. SO strange.

Isn't it strange how something can bring up a memory of your past and then it seems to just keep staring at you in the eye.

2 Comments:

Blogger suzspeaks said...

I totally know what you mean. It's wierd how things like that happen. Even wierder that he still drives the same truck. If it's paid off though, he's smart!

11:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird. I've had stuff like that happen too.
Have you ever read the Celestine Prophecy? It was really popular in the 90's and talked about strange coincidences like that. If you haven't read it, pick it up, it's a fun read.

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home