The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, March 20, 2006

No

THEE cutest developmental milestone has happened in our house.
The official shake of the head.

"Miles, can you give mommy a kiss?" shakes head no
"Miles, do you want some milk?" shakes head no
"Miles, do you want to go to Grandma's house?" shakes head no

I LOVE that he can communicate, even if he has no idea when he should shake his head and when he shouldn't. It's still communication.
Miles is 14 1/2 months old and we are still waiting for a first word.
He doesn't double syllable babble, only single syllable.
But don't get me wrong, he tells us EVERYTHING he wants.
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah while standing at the sink pointing is 'mom, I'd like some water.'
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah while standing at the stairs point up is 'I'm ready for bed.'
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah while standing at my feet latched on with one arm and pointing up is 'mom, you'd better pick me up NOW or I'm really going to give you an ear full.'

SUCH a fun age. I think people say this as their child ages, but each stage gets better, and right now this is a fun stage. He still hasn't lost his demanding demeanor, but that is one of the things that makes him him. It will be one of the things that makes him successful in life too.
I'm just loving toddlerhood.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

This is a fun age, isn't it? Gabriel is 15 mos. now and has just started shaking his head "YES." Shows he's somewhat agreeable, despite his bullheadedness. :)

2:54 PM

 
Blogger suzspeaks said...

How fun for you!!!

11:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home