The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I've had enough!

Enough of winter that is!
The older I get, the longer winter feels.
I swear, half our year is winter. Literally!

I'm so sick of being stuck inside because it is A: too cold to go out or B: too much snow to get out!
How I long for days of buckling carseats without sweatshirts, bulky coats, hats, gloves. Who hears me? (Kether...this is NOT you!! :)

I called my mom today and told her we were moving someplace warm. Hawaii, Florida, Arizona...it didn't matter as long as it was warmer than here.

It was such a heatwave today that on the 3 mile trip home from preschool I saw 3 parents pushing their children in strollers. What was the temperature you might ask? It was 30 freaking degrees.

So, today I decided I'm moving. I'm going to find a nice home in Hawaii and pack it all up and forget the snow. What do you say, you with me?

One bright side of living here, I get to go out to dinner tonight with my good friend TKW and my new friend mom underground. I couldn't do THAT in Hawaii now could I? Well, I guess to make myself feel better I could always hook up with some new friends, right?

9 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Damn straight, sister!

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

I hear ya too!! I'm tired of it being too cold to take Reagan to the park, go for a walk, etc..it sucks!!

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

My sister lives in Hawaii- way too expensive!
How about Texas??

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

Have a nice dinner!!

3:58 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

There will be NO moving and leaving me stranded in hell...errr I mean here.

I forbid it.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I am with you!!! I, too, saw strollers being pushed around here, but I guess it is a heatwave since it was 2 degrees on Saturday! Illinois sucks!

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Bah.
I was asking D the other day if my cloud was because of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I've never seen him laugh so hard.
I hear you, really, it was like 50 the other day and I was freezing my patootie off.
Ack! Are you guys chasing me?REally there's no reason to threaten me...

If you ever want a home in the Southern California desert, you just let me know. I'll hang out with you all you want. =)

6:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This year has been so much warmer than usual, I almost hate to complain, but...
Our heating bills are through the roof, a wind storm knocked out our power last weekend, and we're expecting snow for tomorrow.
Alright already.

2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear you!!

Great post.

8:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home