The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Aging process

I have heard that they do sleep deprivation to interrogate people.
In my opinion, this is thee best form of torture you can think of.
Ok, so I've not really experienced any other form of torture, but that would be on the top of MY list.
I mean, how long really can you go without good sleep?
Years? Wait, it's already been about 2yrs.
And then I wonder, am I EVER going to sleep soundly again?
This 5ish hours per night is just ever so draining.
Oh, and Dave is going grey. GREY! He's 29. I blame it on lack of sleep!

Another question...those of you who had colicky babies, did they eventually become..um...HAPPY? I'm almost to the point to writing to Dr. Phil. My letter would go a little bit like this...

Dear Dr. Phil,
I think you're fantastic. Well, I really don't think THAT highly of you, but if I say so you might be more inclined to help me out with my problem. So, yes, I think you're fantastic. Not only do you help adults with problems, you are also a dating king apparently, or so the commercials say. Oh, and you've also done so much in the potty training world.
Let me ask you very humbly for your advice.
I've got this kid, and he's as cute as a button. The thing is, whenever I'm around he crys and whines like no other child. If I try to cook, he wedges his little 1yr body between me and the counter top and pushes as hard as he can so that I can focus my attention on him. If I pick him up and STAND, he's fine. If I pick him up and SIT DOWN, he freaks. If I sit down on the floor with him to play, he isn't happy unless he's ON TOP OF MY body. He cries when he wakes up 90% of the time. He cries when he is anywhere around me and not ON me.
If we go out, he's fine. If we go to a different house, he's fine. Basically, we can go anywhere and he's a perfect angel child. HERE on the other hand is 100% draining on my body and my emotions.
Now, before you think I pick him up at every whimper, I don't. If I'm cooking, I'll give him some dishes and spoons to keep him busy. Even Logan knows that if Mommy is cooking and Miles is freaking out at her feet, he should find some cool toy to bring over.
I'm not able to cook anything that takes longer than 15 minutes to prepare simply because that's about how long it takes before the crying sounds like it's being sent through a megaphone to my ear drums. My husband comes home from work and I make him take him, although within seconds he's back at my feet crying.
There is no one like Mommy, and while I'm very grateful for that, I'm also at my ropes end.
Is there any hope that we will ever become a peaceful happy family without constant crying and screaming?


What do you think? Would he help? What about YOU, can you help?

4 Comments:

Blogger Info for you said...

That sometimes sounds like my Reagan. It drives me batty at times too. DH wonders why by 7 pm I'm not the "nice" mommy I should be?

Hmmmmm I've been doing this ALL day!!! That's why. By 7 i've had it and I'm ready for the sand man to take them away for the night so I can just do nothing but sit there :)

Jimmy was like that too and he did outgrow it. There is a light Jen :)

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Amie said...

Sounds like he is very attached to his mama! Its been my experience that they outgrow it. Once your boys start playing together, it will be so nice for you. My older two keep each other occupied most of the day, and my 2 year old is playing with them more and more.

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

Its been over 9 yrs since I slept through the night. Sad,really.
My 29 year old hubby found some grey hair on his head. I had to laugh untill he pulled about 10 grey hairs out of my head. Luckily I got my hair colored last week,lol.

10:35 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Oh this sounds awfully familiar! I can only prepare meals that take less than 15 minutes also, for the same reason.
Please do let me know when dear Dr.Phil replies!! lol

11:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home