The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Out damn teeth! Out!

Miles got his first two teeth in September...the beginning of September, I believe.
He has yet to get #3 and #4.
The last week or so, his top gums have been extremely swollen and painful. He's chewing on everything, and let me tell you, the bottom two teeth are SHARP!
As of two days ago, we could SEE the teeth through the gums, but they hadn't popped through yet.
This resulted in extreme pain and BAAAAAAD moods from mr. miles.
In addition, it resulted in tearful sleepless nights.
We are on night 3 now of waking up crying, giving Motrin and rubbing 'little teethers' all over his gums. *by the way, I totally recommend 'little teethers' brand. It's thick, not runny like oragel. His mouth clamps shut for oragel, but suprisingly he opens right up for the little teethers*

They still have yet to pop through, but for everyone's sake, I hope they do soon!!

It's funny, but earlier in the week I told my mom a little secret.
Miles, the worlds hardest infant has turned into a pretty easy 1yr old! Isn't it funny how that happens. Let me rephrase. I'm sure to others, he might not be 'easy', but to me, from what I had seen last year, he is easy now!
He's quite good at temper tantrums. Head bangs down on the ground and he can roll and cry and scream and slobber the likes to keep up with any 2yr old. That said, he's venturing out more. He's initiating play with Logan. He's napping good. He's eating good...still not a good drinker at all, but he eats pretty good.
But of course some demon spawn looking on heard me tell my mom that life was pretty good right now and thought he'd push those teeth further in causing much disruption in our house!

So, I'm thinking they should pop soon. And then, we'll go back to sleeping through the night and being that easy 1yr old!

So, next week I'm flying solo again. Don't even get me started.
I told Dave that in order for me to be OK with him traveling for work again, he had to allow me to take the single remaining ambien that is in our cupboard from my last week of pregnancy with Miles. I get to take it as early as I'd like and sleep for as long as I can! So, I think Friday night I'll be ready for bed around 8:00ish, read a book and fall quickly asleep. Ahhhhh.....
Sad, aren't I?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Miles! It's tough getting those teeth. Ryan got his first 2 teeth about a month ago, I was relieved to see them come in rather quickly. He is a much better sleeper all around than his brother ever was.

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

We are teething again here too. We are working on our first set of Molars. OUCH!! Her poor gums look like they hurt :(

Glad to hear that Miles is turning into a pretty good 1 yr old :0 It's nice when they do that isn't it.

I hear ya on the traveling. My DH should start up again in March. I've had him home for about 2 months now and it's been nice. Then he's off to Norway and I'm here....fun huh?

I hear your pain.

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Poor Miles.I'm so glad he's turning into an easy one year old!
Liam only had two bottom teeth also until last week when four top teeth decided to come through. eek. talk about crabby baby.

I'm kind of envious of your ambien and early sleep. Enjoy!

11:19 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

I love ambien. Cheers to you and your sleep!

Poor Miles. We're going through the same thing here with teeth #5, 6, 7, & 8. Poor, fussy babies.

I find that alcohol works best (for me, not her!!) ; )

Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you!

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I like sleep and see nothing wrong with being in bed at 8.

1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg. and you have a son named Miles. i love you now.

had i not named my golden retriever Miles...it would seriously have to be on my 'boy list'...you know...the list of names for fetuses i don't have.

yet.

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home