The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

life saver

My husband was a star wars freak when he was a boy.
His mom still has some of the little action figures that he played with when he was a kid.
I've always known that Star Wars was/is his all time favorite movie.
Myself on the other hand...no interest.
I have never watched a single movie, and honestly, unless I'm forced I'm sure I'll never watch one. (But I said that about the Harry Potter books too, and I've read them all so far...so we'll see)
Dave's been dreaming about the day when Logan is ready to watch Star Wars.
Seeing I've never watched the movies, I couldn't give any opinion on the matter.
The day has come.
Saturday afternoon-both kids sick-Dave decides it was time.
"Logan, do you want to was STAR WARS with me?" In his way to excited voice.
"Star Wars? What's Star Wars?"
"Only THEE BEST MOVIE in the whole world!!"
"the best movie? SURE DAD!!

So, the big boys went downstairs to watch the movie, and I got to hang out with the never ending slobber king...slobbering out of every which way.

I hear over and over, "What's that? Who's that? Is that a good guy? Is that a bad guy? What are they going to do? What's a life saver? Oh, a light saver?? Saber? What's a saber?

After the movie, they came up all revved up.
Logan told me all about "light sabers-they're NOT life savers mom!" and how cool Star Wars was.
I saw a bit of pride as I watched Dave listen to him tell the story.

A new Star Wars fan was born, with a little help from his daddy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Misti said...

oh no!!!
I have 3 star wars freaks living in my house. Its star wars everything. my 3 year old knows all the movies and who is in what movie. he quotes the movies, talks about the funny parts. Beware!!!
I also don't care for the movies but watch them when they are on.

12:22 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Awww..so cute

12:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas and Ed already love watching movies together...and I LOVE the Harry Potter books and films too! Never thought I would say that--but I'm glad I gave them a chance.

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

While I have seen the movies, I still do not understand the male obsession with them. Do. Not. Get. It.

9:46 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my lored- sounds like my husband! hehe
most dads want their sons to try out for the team.... my hubby wants to teach our kids how to play computer games and become a jedi- haha!

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

Oh i'm odd "man" out here. I am a Star Wars freak too!!
That is so cute!! Now you have to go to toys r us and get him a light saber!! :)

We tried to get our 8 yr old long ago to love star wars but she can't stand them! LOL
Our 6 1/2 yr old LOVES them and now our lil 1 1/2 yr old seems to like them too :) She loves to watch the light saber fights :)

Welcome to my world.

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home