The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

If I had the money

Here is my list of things I would do if I were filthy rich.
I know I'm being selfish!

*I'd hire a cleaning company to come and do the down and dirty stuff every week. And I wouldn't care that I'm a SAHM because I am a STAY AT HOME MOM, not a maid! It's ok to get a little help if you can afford it, right?

*I'd also hire a babysitter every Saturday night so that Dave and I could have a date night once a week.

*I'd replace my 1974 Sofa set. It was a loaner from Dave's parents to use in 1st livingroom (we live in a tri-level, we have 2 living rooms) until the kids are older and we can afford better. It's 1970's yellow. Gross

*I'd take cooking lessons so that I can learn new and exciting and easy meals. Oh wait. Logan doesn't eat anything but waffles and chicken nuggets. maybe I should take a class that teaches me how to get my child to eat.

*I'd put up a fence around our yard so I can waltz about in my swim suit this summer with the kids and the sprinkler and not worry about the neighbors seeing me!

*I'd get a boob job (not very big, just more firm) and a tummy tuck (just to get rid of the excess baby skin that I swear will never go away)

*I'd get a whole new wardrobe and not feel bad about it. And I'd get it somewhere other than Walmart!


What would you do if you had all the money you could dream of?

8 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Great list! :D I would never ever clean anything again...

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

I would:

1) travel the world for a year

2) hire someone to mop the floors once a week

3) buy Kansas and turn it into a giant animal rescue farm

1:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Buy a bigger house and fill it with 10 kids, and a maid.
-Have fun decorating new house.
Well, that's what springs to mind immediately.

3:08 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

i would hire a maid and i would order those healthy precooked meals that get delivered every morning.

add on to our house and put a pool in.

buy Mr. Fun a new car and harley.

hire a personal trainer

and thats the short list.

9:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're so right! Mom does NOT equal housekeeper!! :)

Maybe we should all go in on some Power Ball tickets together or something?!

Finally caught up on your last few posts...hope the teething and sleep situation improves, and soon!

9:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd just go through the Pottery Barn catalog and shop by room. I too would buy an entire new wardrobe at somewhere other than Marshalls.

Who am I kidding? I'd still shop there I'd just buy more!!!

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I would travel and hire nannies to watch the kids!
And seriously, I don't even know why I cook a nice meal because my toddler never eats any of it either!

9:58 AM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I would hire a chef; I HATE cooking!!!!
I'd add on to our house. I love our neighborhood, but our house is also a tri-level and we need more space. (We are lucky to have a sub-basement, but still it's small here.)

10:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home