The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, January 27, 2006

new links and a new recipe

I've been trying to find the time to search for new blogs to go on my blogroll, and usually when I find a new one I forget to save it. It then goes away forever into the deep bloggy hole, never to be found again.
I have added some new ones, and a few were from the help of TKW.
I found Melissa simply by hitting next blog. Usually when I do that I find a blog in a language that I can't understand. This time it really worked! She's hilarious! Check her out. She in turn helped me find Stella.
Simone, meet Michelle; both New Yorkers!
If you have a blog that you read and recommend, go ahead and let me know.
I've added about 10 new ones, but would love some more!
Comment if you have one!

OK, my friend Lisa gave me this recipe she saw on some cable show. Paula Dean? No clue who it was because I don't have cable. We live in the dark ages here!!
It is SO good that I had to post it.
I made it without the almonds just because I didn't have any!
Enjoy!!

Hot Chicken Salad

2 cups cooked chicken breast meat, cubed
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
2/3 cup crushed potato chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, celery, almonds, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and cheese. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spread the crushed potato chips on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are very sweet, for the compliment. I LOVE CHICKEN SALAD. but not as much as I love...

jack johnson. omg. i want babies with that man. shhh...don't tell me mate!

will be back for more.
cheers~ stella.

12:39 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Tutu-nice to meet you! I don't think I've ever been to your site, so I'll definetly be checking it out!

Stella-you and me both woman! Heck, my husband already knows!

3:51 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

I love Paula Deen, and I LOVE that Chicken Salad!

3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog and also enjoy Marrit Ingman's blog at http://www.suite102.com/baldo/

4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home