The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A little hobby of mine

I'm a scrapbook lover.
I could scrap ALLLL day if I didn't have the kids to entertain and the laundry and the shopping and the cleaning...you get the point!
So, this weekend I decided to do Miles ABC scrapbook of his first year. I'll do Logan's soon and then my kids can each have a scrapbook to keep. I've decided against doing individual scrapbooks because, well let's face it, they are boys. I know they won't want them when they move out. I'm just doing a familiy scrapbook and they can fight over it when I'm dead!
So, very picture heavy.
A-B is blurry, so instead of forcing you to look through the blur, i'll just skip it. Oh, and it's very basic, nothing too advanced...














And yes, I realized after it was too late that Rolly Polly is spelled like Polly Pockets. Crap. So, my son will think his mom can't spell.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet...great idea.
I went to a scrapbooking party last year when I was pregnant and have yet to do a thing with it. I've got to get organized.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

That is the coolest scrap book idea ever! You did a great job.

I know what you mean about boys and things like that...maybe their wifes will appreciate it though :D

5:52 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Great scrapbook!!! I was laughing when you said that the boys won't care about it; they could fight over it when you're dead. How true! I will say that my MIL gave me Jeff's baby book, and I really appreciated it. I love looking through it, and so does Jeff. So maybe the boys will care, or at least their wives might.

10:21 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

this is gret. what a neat idea. I want to do one for my kids now.
but it won't happen :(

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I love it. I've been toying with and A-Z, but haven't started it yet. Whenever I go to scrap once a month, I tell my husband "I'm going to make a gift for Liam's wife" because it won't matter to HIM, but she will love it.

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

Your scrapbook is awesome!! I love the ABC idea. I might have to use that idea for my next one.

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

Oh great job Jen!! :)

I've never made one like that but I've made SEVERAL ABC books :) I'm almost done with Reagan's :)

Post some more of your stuff :)

10:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE your ABC book. I did one for D#1 and need to do one for D#2. Some of your letter ideas are far cooler than mine...might have to creativly borrow them...

2:13 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

What a great book!

And the thighs on your baby in the Rolly Poley picture is just too cute!

1:00 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

Love it!

7:11 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Can I pay you to do one for my kids???
That is fabulous!!

11:24 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

um...heck yes you can! haha!!
Can you say dream job!

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh I came back to check out your ABC book because I was thinking of doing one for my neice and the pictures are not showing up!

it is May 13th!

11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home