The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I mean, really...

If you don't like boogies-don't read.

So, we've got this new habit; a baad habit.

Instance one...
Dave, Logan and I were all on the couch watching a movie.
Logan quickly gets up, walks to the back of the couch, crouches down and comes back to sit down.
As Dave and I share quizzical glances at each other, he finally asks, "Logan, what did you just do?"
"nothing"
"Well, you did something. What did you do?"
"I did nothing, now stop asking me that!"
I chime in "Logan, did you just wipe boogies on the floor behind the couch?"
"Yeah"
"Logan, please don't pick your nose, and when you have boogies, please get a tissue, ok?"
"ok..."

Instance #2...
We were all playing in the livingroom. Logan all of a sudden gets up and walks over to the front door rug. He crouches down and then runs back to play.
"Logan, you didn't just wipe boogies on the carpet, did you?"
"yeah....I did..."
"Logan, what did I ask you to do when you had boogies?"
"Get a tissue"
"OK, please get a tissue and wipe your nose"
"but mom, my nose isn't full of boogies anymore!"
"Lovely"

Instance #3...
Logan was playing on the computer and I walked by.
He instantly stared at me, not moving.
It's that stare where you know your child is doing something that he/she shouldn't be, you just have to figure out what.
"Logan, what are you doing?"
"nothing"
"Logan, I know what you did, so you better tell me otherwise I'm turning the computer off"
"I was picking my nose"
"Logan! We do NOT pick our nose. If you have boogies, go get a tissue!"
"ok mom, I'll go"

And this my friends is the beginning of boyhood in this house.
---
Yes, I cleaned up after all of the boogies (that I know of) so don't worry!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME! (like napolean dynomite) ;-)

your little man and his boogs sound PRECIOUS!

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I still think eating them would be worse. GROSS!

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Oh, I have caught up on reading all your latest posts, have left comments at them too.
Must remember to get here more often.

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Misti said...

ROFLPIMP!!! that i too much.

10:06 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

Mine used to wipe them on their ceiling! LOL She has a loft bed and I went up there to change the sheets and there were boogies all over the ceiling! LOL.

Aren't these phases fun.

10:34 AM

 
Blogger Anne said...

Soooo, what you're saying is that you'd prefer it if he ate them?

That's what mine does, and you know what? It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it probably should. Better in his mouth and down the alimentary canal than on his shirt collar. Or my rugs.

11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, sometimes being a mom is so, so, so much fun.

12:08 PM

 
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Just the beginning of gross boy habits! My one brother ate them the other wiped them on the wall! GROSS

oh and it is not only a boy thing the little girl next door wipes them on the car window.ICK

10:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home