The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Crickets chirping

Today starts a long and lonely March.
Dave will be traveling the rest of the month into the beginning of April.
He won't be gone every night, and he will be home most weekends, but it will be a long long month.
One of his trips will be for 11 days-10 nights.

So, to make things easier, I need some fun things to do to pass the time.
I'm seriously the mother of the worlds easiest child and the worlds most difficult child, so unfortunately it won't mean going out many places alone with them.
I want to make fun food that Dave wouldn't prefer to eat. (But I also have the worlds pickiest eaters, so I will be fine dining alone) I want to do some crafting, and I want to watch some movies. I haven't seen any movies in years really, so any suggestions would be good. Girly movies would be great!

If you knew that the majority of the next month you'd be alone from 7:45pm on, what would you do? What would you watch?
---------
So, Miles turned 14 months a couple of days ago. Logan didn't start walking until 15 1/2 months old. Miles started 3 days before his 11 month birthday.
He runs now.
Logan was still content sitting playing with toys on the floor and walking around in a walker. Miles never was content sitting on the floor playing with toys, and being in a walker was too confining.
His new hobby? JUMPING off the couch. Yesterday he tried to do a somersault OFF of the couch. Our living room couch has to have the cushions laying on the floor so that when he flops off the couch he doesn't land on the hard floor. He literally falls face first into the cushions and then flips over onto the floor. I used to stand by ready for tears, but now I realize that he's half monkey. He is CRAZY. We have a glider/ottoman in his room, and he'll climb on top of the ROCKING ottoman, stand up and wiggle back and forth like a mad man. He has no fear of falling what so ever. Logan STILL wouldn't do that! ha!

I think I'm going to have a few broken bones with this one, what do you think?
Determination is his best quality right now.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, maybe you'll make some new friends in the ER.
Movies are a good idea, some stuff your husband wouldn't be that into (chick flicks). Maybe gets some oldies but goodies, we watched 16 Candles last week, great movie.
I would also be sampling some new wines, perhaps...hope you don't get too lonely...

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Odd Mix said...

Miles sounds awesome!

I have two climbers and two that were a bit more cautious. Somehow they all seemed to find about the same number of ways to hurt themselves. Didn't seem to make a difference - but boy the climbers were a lot harder on my state of tranquility!

Good luck!

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

It's funny how different two kids from the same gene pool can be!

That sucks you'll be a single mom for most of the month. If it were me, I'd stock up on wine and good movies! ...trips to the park with the kids, and let them make a mess with arts & crafts at home...

7:30 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

If you haven't seen it, a great flick is the Notebook. It's a chick flick, and you'll love it.

I was definitely a Miles when I was little. Jumping, climbing, bouncing, and running. I wish I had that energy now.

9:51 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

With the kids: bundle them up and go on field trips (zoo, park, etc.), library, do breakfast for dinner (IHOP makes it easy, and they're great with kids!), eat dessert first, fingerpaint with shaving cream on the shower walls (fun for kids, and cleans soap scum!)

For you: learn a new craft--knitting crocheting, etc, wine is a must, movies (I don't have any suggestions since I haven't seen any in ages!), sudoku, buy a great intricate coloring book (there are some cool MC Escher ones) and color like a kid!, blog more!!

Good luck with your month!

((Hugs))

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

How about renting season 1 of Desperate Housewives? Or a season of 24?

6:19 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

I was going to say The Notebook as well or if you haven't seen Message in a Bottle? The same author wrote the books :)
Ummm have you seen Harry Potter 4 ? That's a good one too..Hitch? any Will Smith? Mr & Mrs Smith..gotta love Bradd Pitt. He's too hot!!

For dinner...if they are picky how about hot dogs wrapped in Cresent Rolls? You bake them? Those sound good...

You can make some fun sandwiches and chips one night..

maybe learn a new technique for scrapbooking?

7:55 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

I recommend the movie "Truly, Madly, Deeply." It's a British movie with Alan Rickman and is really good.

9:53 PM

 
Blogger suzspeaks said...

I hope this month goes by fast for you! Your boy's sound fun... jumping off the couch is always exciting!

You should rent 'Diary of a mad black woman' with Tyler Perry. It is a good movie!!
I like all of christine's suggestions too!

9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home