The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Random Nada

If you were a fly on a wall in our house the past couple of days, these are some of the random and odd things you would have heard.

*"oooh! Look at how pretty our paper towel pattern is!!"

24-due to some graphic violence, viewer discrection is advised..."I LOVE viewer discrection!!"

"What planet does God live on?"

"I can't take that gift in exchange for sex, it would be like I was your prostitute"

"Mom, do you think Scatman is Batman's friend? I wonder what color cape Scatman wears"

"Why is your pee-pee big and mine is little?"

"When you're old, I hope you look like that guy. He's really sexy for an 75 yr old."

Now, a few random thoughts...

Why is it that when Dave and I go to the health club to clean, people look at us different. We're not people, we're CLEANERS. No smiles, no small chit-chat; just avoided glances. It's strange really. I never realized how many people actually think they are better.

Why can Dave leave the room and Miles doesn't notice and continues to play, but when I have to just run to the bathroom he drops all things fun to scream at me at the bottom of the stairs?

Why can't I seem to actually put the folded laundry away. It sits in the baskets until I get around to it. Logan actually goes and looks in the basket before he looks in his own drawer. Not good.

Why did I waste 2 months with a t-shirt company when I knew in my heart of hearts it wasn't going to work. Now I'm back at square one, but full speed ahead.

Speaking of the t-shirts, check out our
homepage
and give me your feedback.

Why does it seem like girlscout cookies come right when you're happy with your weight? I can't NOT eat the little thinmints, can I?

12 Comments:

Blogger suzspeaks said...

It is interesting how many people think they are better than someone else, just because of material posessions or situations. I hate that. We are all guilty of it sometime, or another I guess, but the truth is we ARE all created equal. I hate the whole status thing... I could go on & on, but I won't. I think it is great that you guys are cleaning the gym. I wish I had a set up like that - and then to work out for free!!

I have the exact same laundry problem too!! I need a CLEANER for my house - ha!!

I looked at the homepage & I really like it. I love the colors!

Thanks for your comment to my last post. I need all the support I can get!

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I totally didn't buy any gs cookies this year!
so proud.

Now why is it that laundry NEVER ends?

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I love the site! That pic of Miles is soooo cute.

So don't tell me you're giving up on milobaby?

My dh does the laundry and he doesn't even bother folding mine anymore because he knows it will stay in the basket and I'll root through it for clothes. So sad.

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

No Kether! Not giving up!
Just changing Tshirt brands, that's all!!
Actually, we'll have our shirts with our labels in the next couple weeks and then it's off to the printer to be done in 7-10 days!
Very soon!

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

I really like the website design/colors/etc. Good job!

10:30 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

I really like the look of the website. I can't wait to see the products.

I've already gone through my thin mints stage. Now I'm in my grapes and carrot sticks stage.

6:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the best one of course....was 'why is your peepee bigger than mine?'. precious!

9:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know...I'm more apt to think people are just uncomfortable being picked-up after.
Like when the man came in to clean Ryan's hospital room--I was pissed and wanted him to get out--not because I thought I was better than him--but because my son was sick and I had been sleeping in a chair for a couple of nights. I wonder if he thought that I thought I was better than him. Or he is so much better than me that the thought never even crossed his mind...hmmm...I guess I'll stop rambling now.

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

GS cookies...yummmmm...addicting.

Should come with Surgeon General's warning...

11:10 AM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Those quotes were hilarious.

Hey, I love the homepage. Very very nice. Good luck!

6:36 AM

 
Blogger Odd Mix said...

Take the gift!

And at least you folded the laundry. I have trouble getting it into the dsryer, sometimes.

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Crista said...

Ditto to what the others said -- love the site and can't wait to see more!

And I am SO with you on the laundry thing...

5:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home