The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

invincible

You know how when you're growing up and your parents seem invincible?
They are the epitome of health?
Then, as you slowly get older so do your parents and all of a sudden they don't seem so invincible anymore?

Well, that's crap.

I hate this part of growing up. Watching my parents age and slowly start turning into old people with health problems.

My mom's in the hospital as we speak.

She's got an autoimmune disease that so many fear.

She's getting frail and will never ever return to that strong invincible woman.

And I hate it.

And I'm sad.

I miss the young strong woman who would go on bike rides with us, play softball with us, teeter-totter with us.

Bleh!

So, I had THEE cutest video to show you but for some reason I can't get it uploaded, so you'll have to deal with my emotional post today and then laugh tomorrow if I can get it up!

9 Comments:

Blogger Crista said...

Jennifer, I'm so sorry. It does suck. It sucks so effing much. Thinking of you, and your mom today. (((hugs)))

10:48 AM

 
Blogger Anne said...

I'm sorry, too, Jennifer.

2:09 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I'm so sorry about your mom. I had problems watching my own mother's health deteriorate. It sucked!

2:20 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

So sorry, Jen. This is one of my biggest fears. I hate it.

Thinking of you...

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

I lost my mom oh 13 (almost) years ago and I was thinking the other day that I was going to have to watch my MIL deteroriate...and that made me sad.

I've grown to love her like my mother...

I'm sorry you are going through this right now :(

HUGS!!!

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Jennifer I'm so sorry about your mom. She is in my prayers.

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I hear ya. I always think my parents are of the same age and health as they were 15 years ago.
I don't want them to get old!

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.

7:21 PM

 
Blogger Carol said...

You have no idea how sorry I am to hear that you have to go through this. My mom just died after a long struggle with cancer. It is absolutely the suckiest thing on earth....Hang in there and leave no regrets

11:15 PM

 
Blogger suzspeaks said...

I will keep you & your mom in my prayers. I understand what you mean. My mom has been sick since I was 10... Not fun!!
I hope you can find some peace today.

8:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home