The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Excitement is all around.
Daddy is coming home today!

Logan decided long before he left that there would be a welcome home party for his return.

So today we are going to bake a cake, put a giant happy face on it per Logan's directions, and get balloons.
No ice cream though. I have no idea why, but Logan made sure I understood that there was to be NO ice cream!
Exciting.

So, now that he's almost home, all I can think about is wanting to go on a vacation with him.
Our annual vacation isn't until September. We try to go alone every year, and so far we have. It's our anniversary trip. For those of you who don't know this about us, we visit a new state every year so that we eventually have 'toured' the entire country together. We have a big huge map of the USA in our room. Per tradition, every year when we get home we get the big sharpie out and trace our state, underlining all of the cities or towns we went to as well as the date and year and which anniversary we celebrated there.
I'd like to think that as the kids get older they will think it's really neat. I'd really like to think that the Grand kids will think it's even cooler. Maybe we will inspire our offspring to do the same tradition.

The two problems with the annual September vacation is that it limits us to only the united states and no other alone traveling during the year. That is unless we bring the kids along on our Sept trip. That will be fine, as they get older. Like when they are 5 and 8. Now, with naps and strict schedules, stroller, car seats, diapers, etc...it's just not my idea of a vacation. However, if we chose a state close to ours, then we could go for a weekend and it wouldn't be so bad.

Pre baby, Dave and I enjoyed international travel. We went on a 3 week trip to Austria and Czech Republic for our honeymoon and then a 10 day Spain trip to celebrate our pregnancy with Logan. Dave has done a few trips before me too. He went to Europe with no itinerary for a month.
We're dying to go back to Europe.
I'm actually dying to go on a vacation unlike I've ever done before.
Something beachy-all inclusive-lay on the beach or go scuba diving or something.

So, as I wait to go to the airport, all I can think about is us getting on a plane and getting a little R & R.
Hopefully we won't have to wait until September.

What is your favorite vacation spot, here or international.
I'm trying to figure out a way we could possibly sneak away. Even for like a 3 night mini trip.

4 Comments:

Blogger graymama said...

Happy to hear today is arrival day. Have fun at the ice cream free party :-) Hubby and I like to go to South Dakota or Wyoming on our trips.

11:13 AM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

Gosh, your September trip idea sounds so cool! Hubby and I need to have some time alone like that. Honestly, we have never left them overnight. Left them with sitters, hell yes, but not overnight like that, and we need to . We REALLY need to!!!
You guys sound like such a fun couple. I am jealous!!!

2:24 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yea for Dave coming home!!!!

My favorite place of all time to vacation on is St. Thomas (I'm boring, not much into sighseeing on vaca...I just like to enjoy the beach and relaxation). Some people will say it's too commercialized and St. John's is better. The good thing about St. Thomas is that you can book day excursions to any of the islands (UK or US) and be home in time to enjoy a variety of places to choose for dinner.

Although if someone GAVE me a week's vacation on St. John...I wouldn't turn it down!

3:20 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I'm sure Hawaii would be a nice state to visit!
I love Europe too and can't wait to go again! But like you said exactly, it's not really a vacation lugging the kids and all their crap around!

3:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home