The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Just call me teacher

As I was at my local scrapbooking store, I saw a sign that they were interested in seeing samples from people who might be interested in teaching classes.
I thought, what the heck, I'll either have what they want or not. Either way I know I like what I do, so it won't matter to me.
I made my little appointment and instantly 'got the job'.
So, now I am officially an instructor!

I get to teach what I want, when I want, and even get to charge what I want. Classes are usually between $15-$20, and I pay the store $3/person. I keep the rest minus supplies.
I'm totally excited to start!
Any suggestions on what you would like to learn if you took a class?
---
Has anyone seen the new show Sons and Daughters? There was a part in one of the episodes that made me laugh SO hard. Cameron was trying to make his nephew understand that you can't have a dream to be something impossible, I believe it was a tree? I can't remember? He was called a dream crusher. It was so funny because Logan has the same dreams. No, he doesn't want to be a tree, but he is for sure going to grow up to be a power ranger, the white one to be exact.
Even being a firefighter doesn't interest him. He told me he wishes that I was a power ranger. He said I would make a pretty pink power ranger.

So, of course as not to be a dream crusher, I fully support his decision to be a Power Ranger. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Congrats on the job! How fun :D

That reminds me of "Superfudge" by Judy Blume when Fudge insists he wants to be a bird when he grows up.

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Anne said...

Congratulations on the job! It sounds like a creative, fun way for you to make some money!

9:10 AM

 
Blogger Linda said...

Congrats on the new job!! It sounds like a really fun job!!

2:00 PM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

That sounds like so much fun :)

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I'm so happy for you! That will be so fun.

8:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home