The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

I have a limit

Seeing I have a husband who travels on a regular basis, I'm slowly getting used to it. I don't complain as much when I hear he has to leave again.
Luckily, many of his travels are 1 to 2 nights away. Not too bad.
Then there is the occasional Mon-Fri which is never fun.
It's not the main daily activities that are hard, it's the little things. Particularly after the kids go to bed and I'm alone.
This trip is the longest he's ever been gone, 11 days.
We're on day 8, 3 more to go.
3 more sleeps. Sleeps are not easy.

I never realized that I truly have a limit. My heart, my mind, it has a 5 day limit. I can do 5 days.
When you cross a weekend, it's tooooo much. When you have half of one weekend and then the whole next weekend....toooo much.

I was lucky enough to go visit a friend this weekend. We had a slumber party and watched our every growing boys play 'bad guys' together. It was wonderful, and it did help the time go by quicker. But the entire time, in the back of my head, I was missing Dave.

I MISS DAVE!!!

3 more days, 3 more days, 3 more days.

Oh, on a side note, if your child can reach food items in your pantry, keep the box of KIX away. I'd hate for you to have to clean up an almost entirely full bag like I did. A totally dumped, crumbled under the feet of a 30 lb 1yr old. And if by chance it does happen, hopefully your older child won't decide that crushed up Kix looks like sand. It's a fun thing to make MORE sand, didn't you know?
But then again, if it does happen, I hope you remember to grab the video camera like I luckily thought to do! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Ugh, I hate when my dh is gone. Not very often but it seems like at least once a year he has to go to some kind of training.

I have had more than one whole box of cereal dumped out. Guess I don't learn from my mistakes!

9:35 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

I hope the days pass a little quicker. I shudder at the thought that I could be taken away from my man, to serve on a 4-6 month deployment at any time.

5:16 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I know it sucks.
Sorry I don't have anything cheery or positive to say. My hubs is gone this week too.

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Tee hee...laughing about the Kix.

Yup, you know Sugar Daddy is gone too...

2:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know how this is.

i always think about Finance being gone in terms of how many nights in bed alone i have left.

i think that's when i miss him most. and the weekends are always difficult b/c i'm not working.

yet, he can go out of town for WEEKS...and not think anything of it. whats up with that?

why don't men miss us the way we miss them (physically miss them) when we are apart?

3:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home