The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

fuzzy little caterpillar

I've just finished taking a certain prescription medication which I took for the past 5 months. This medication was quite clear when it gave me the instructions to NOT get any waxing done during the duration of the medication AND for 6 months after. (Skin could rip-scar for life)

I'm dying.
Literally dying.
...I'm dramatic too.

I was not blessed with cute eyebrows. You know, the perfectly spaced ones that have natural arch.
My husband was blessed with those. Don't ya hate things like that?

So, while I'm feeling all cute and spring like, I'm even fitting in with the soon to be caterpillars!

I just don't think I can wait 6 months. That would be almost a year.
I can go months and months without a haircut, but usually I'm pretty regular with my waxes.

Sucks, huh?

Happy hump day! We've got great grandparents coming in for a visit for the next 2 days, then Dave's sister for 3 days.
We're even hosting Easter breakfast!

Busy fuzzy little caterpillars!

7 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Ummm... tweezers.

8:11 AM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

yeah, aren't you able to use tweezers? or have someone else use them on you. there are eyebrow artists out there. GOOD LUCK.

8:11 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

But seriously you guys, I can take a good RRIIIPP! But taking each individual hair one by one? OUCH!!!
I'm not strong enough for that!

No.

I mean, I can birth 2 big babies but I can't pluck a million individual hairs!
That makes sense, huh?

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

heh
I have short, stubby eyelashes and hubby has long luscious ones- funny how that kind of thing happens, hehe

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know if anyone up here does it, but you could try getting "threaded"...it's an Indian (like as in India, not Native Americans) method of using thread, twisting it and pulling out the eyebrows. It sounds terrible but it's really not. Call around and see what you can find. It's WAY less painful than waxing.

10:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya sister! Really, though, if you can handle waxing, you can handle plucking. I mean, yeah it's a total hassle to pluck all those individual hairs, but it's something, and who wants to worry about scarring?? I don't know what I would do without my tweezers. That threading idea sounds really interesting, though...

Have fun hosting all that company!

11:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband has a couple of caterpillars on his face. Me, I got the red hair and the light brows...they could use a little plucking though.

1:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home